Tuesday, November 21, 2006
A Very Bad Day
Oh what a bad day I have had. One of the very worst days ever. And what do I do when I am having the very worst day ever? I tempt fate and get my hair cut. Well, it was just a trim, but still that was a stupid thing to do. I had intended to spent my day finishing up that damned tax audit. And I am very close to finishing it, which is good since I have to mail them off on Friday. The G-man asked me to go to the store and buy the MIL a birthday card. My good deed was repaid by being hit by a hot-headed road rager causing me to spend 45 minutes with police as they tried to find his tag since he was a hit and run. I got so shaky over the incident that I threw up from being so upset and later got a bad migraine. And the absolute worst part of it? The G-man doesn’t even know what happened because he didn’t care enough to bother asking what was wrong with me when I came home at lunchtime crying. He never even acknowledged that my eyes were red and tears were still streaming down my face. So I didn’t bother telling him since he obviously didn’t give a shit. I did the horrible sin of passing this hot head in a 40 MPH zone because he was going 25 miles an hour. He chased me while being glued to my bumper, he screamed and cursed at me and tried to force me off the road and into a ditch. And finally, when I was on the phone to 911 he drove in someone’s front yard to get on my passenger side and tried to flick his cig in my open window. When that didn’t work he threw something at the side of my car and dented it. And guess what? His license plate is an expired one and expired at least 10 years ago, since nothing previous to ten years shows up in the license plate files. So he was driving illegally. I hope he burns in hell. People like that deserve to end up wrapped around a telephone pole in a pile of crushed metal. And then to come home and have the G-man not even care enough to ask me what is wrong. Well, it’s just been a shitty day. I hope his mother enjoys her damned birthday card.



Speaking of the G-man’s mother he can’t understand why I keep accusing him of telling his mother everything yet telling me nothing. Could it be the fact that she knew what he planned to do about the Thanksgiving turkey before I did? Oh yes. Allow me to explain. I had plans of going shopping for the Thanksgiving feast Saturday. It was all I talked about last week. The G-man was fully aware that was the day we were going to food shop for Thanksgiving. The day started out well enough. But then, on the way to Bed Bath and Beyond, to get a roasting rack for the turkey, I made the major mistake of asking him where he wanted to buy the turkey from. He told me that he would probably be purchasing it from O’Malias. “Great,” I replied. “We’re going by there so why don’t we stop and get it now.” He proceeds to tell me that he is going to get it on Wednesday so it will be fresh. Excuse me but that is the day before Thanksgiving. No one waits until the day before Thanksgiving to buy a turkey I told him. Now here’s where it gets jiggy. He has the nerve to tell me that I knew he had planned to get it on Wednesday because he is certain I heard him telling his mother on the phone last Sunday night. I lost it. I started screaming at him and saying how he needed to learn to communicate with me, his wife, not his mother. I was furious and I still am. What in the hell is wrong with that man. He knew I was mad especially when he sat in the family room in the dark Saturday night and pouted all evening waiting for me to come in and apologize for hurting his itty bitty feelings and I just ignored him. I went about my business and did my own thing. And later I went to bed and didn’t even go in the family room to tell him good night. So he knew he had screwed up big time. In fact he went out and bought a turkey on Sunday without my evening saying anything to him. Just as well because I was going to go out Sunday afternoon and buy one if he hadn’t. I tell you, in 2007 he better start realizing that he is married to me and not his mother or we can change that.



Did anything good happen to me today, or was it all gloom and doom? Well, I had my first eggnog of the season this evening, so that was a perk. And I’m not totally displeased with my haircut that I got this afternoon. I might sort of like it. I’ll know better when I dye my hair red tomorrow. I got the little mini tree, that I put in the family room, lit and decorated. I even got my Christmas Village lit and arranged nicely. So you see, a few good things did happen today. The hard part is to make the good things obliterate the bad things that happened.

Now I’m heading off to bed because I plan on getting up early tomorrow to get a head start on the Thanksgiving day cooking. Lets hope tomorrow will be a much better day than today was.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:40 PM | Permalink |