
I have a routine I go through each morning during the week and my day gets thrown off when I stray from that routine. After my shower I take my coffee in the computer room and check email, work on templates and such. Well not today. The G-man’s place of business has decided to stay open until 8pm every Thursday evening which means that the G-man has to work from 11am until 8pm every other Thursday. I get out of the shower this morning and get dressed, head on downstairs to get on the webcam because I am worried sick about Brooklyn and Booger but there sits the G-man at my computer. I sit in the recliner near the computer and start drinking my coffee, hoping that the G-man will take the hint and get out of my spot. But alas it was to no avail. He wasn’t budging. I sat there tapping my feet waiting for 1 and a half hours! Finally I could take it no more and I muttered, as I walked into the kitchen, “your work schedule really messes up my schedule”. Then he got snippy with me and said in a nasty tone, “well I don’t want to mess up your schedule, here you have your computer back”. I just looked at him, smiled sweetly and said “thank you”. Men! (rollin’ my eyes). And speaking of schedules and having them interrupted, I am so sick of door to door sales people that I have taken a stand. Yesterday after the 3rd salesperson knocked at the door (which I didn’t answer of course, and never do) I hung a sign on the front door that says “No Solicitors”! It’s bad enough that you get attacked by the phone constantly ringing with telemarketers, but now they bug the hell out of you by banging on your door too. This must be “door to door salespeople” season because we get at least one a day right now. It’s annoying. I hope the sign works.

So you may know Brooklyn pug, Booger, was attacked by several dogs and has some rather deep wounds. I told her that she should call everyone she could think of and raise a big shit fit about how she is not safe and Soldier Boy can’t do his job because he is worrying about her and Booger, and they are valid concerns too. She followed Mommy’s advice and she moves to an apartment on base tomorrow. Hurray! I was ready to go kick the Army’s ass myself of they didn’t move her. They should have moved her the first time Booger was attacked. And what if that had been a little child? What the heck is wrong with those dogs in that neighborhood? And here is the real kicker, the German woman that owns the dogs that attacked Booger never walks her dogs by Brooklyn’s apartment. Today when I was on the web can with her that woman walked her dogs by Brooklyn’s patio door TWICE! Brooklyn thinks the woman is scouting her out trying to find where she lives. And poor Booger saw the dogs through the patio door and went crazy. Poor little thing. So I did what any good mother would do when her daughter and pug were having a bad day. I made them a fudge crostada! It is a heavenly concoction of a yummy pie filled with a mixture of good chocolate (is there any other kind?) and ground almonds, along with a few other essentials. But it is totally flourless and totally decadent. I am sorry Brooklyn is not here to enjoy it but I am sure the G-man will be glad to take care of it for her.

Lil Miss is coming to spend the afternoon with me today. I think she and I need to go out for a nice cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake for dinner, don’t you? It’s a blustery, chilly November day here in the Midwest and I think a juicy cheeseburger would just hit the spot. That could be a nice perk for me with the G-man working every other Thursday night. It could be girls night out for Lil Miss and myself. That could be fun. I just hope she doesn’t want to go to a Chinese Buffet. Last Fridays late lunch with Deb and her daughter cured me of ever wanting to eat at a Chinese buffet again.
While Lil Miss’s mother was on the phone with me procuring this afternoons arrangements, she made mention that my eldest son is planning on renting a car and driving to Maryland for Christmas. Now I think that is a perfectly wonderful thing to do. He wants to take Lil Miss with him and I think that is great and they would both have a good time. Lil Miss’s mother on the other hand doesn’t see it that way. She wants me to take Lil Miss over the Thanksgiving holiday and keep her for several days instead of letting her dad take her to visit her relatives. How mean and miserable do you have to be? That woman is a real piece of work. Maybe I should tell her no and tell her we are going to MD as well. I wonder what her response would be then!




