Monday, November 20, 2006
Don’t Mess With My Latte



Don’t mess with my latte, that’s the golden rule and Lord help the person who tries. Debra (the author) and I have been meeting twice a week at a local bookstore coffee shop to write. And since we are there anyway, of course we seem to have a cup of coffee (or five). I have thrown aside my old standby of no foam no fat lattes in favor of eggnog lattes with a touch of whipped cream instead of foam. It has served me well, until Friday that is. On Friday we ran into the clerk from hell. When asking for whipped cream she told me no. Yes, she actually told the customer they could NOT have their coffee the way they wanted it. Then she fills the cup only ¾ full. I asked her to put more liquid in it but she refused. She actually refused. I explained that I liked a certain mix of espresso to eggnog/milk but she didn’t care. I was insistent though and eventfully got her to add about a tablespoon more liquid in the cup. It took a lot of arguing back and forth though. And Debra? She didn’t fare any better. She ordered an iced tea and asked that they put the sugar in the cup before pouring the tea in. The gal refused. She said “well hand the cup to me and I will do it so all you have to do is pour the tea.” Once again the girl refused. Debra says “So you mean that you are not going to fix my tea the way I want it?” The girl replied that was correct. Debra told her to forget it then and promptly went to complain to the manager, of whom did nothing.

I get home and go to enter the debit into my checkbook only to discover that the witch had charged me 50 cents for the non-existent whipped cream that she refused to put in my latte. I was not about to stand for that. So this afternoon when I went to the bookstore café to meet Debra, I went up to the counter with my receipt and explained the situation to the gal behind the counter. She apologized and refunded the entire transaction to me. She didn’t seem at all surprised when I told her which clerk had been so rude. I told her everything the cow had done and how rude she had been to both of us. She talked to the manager about her. Let this be a lesson, don’t mess with a woman’s latte!

Nano word count? 46,501 words. I hope to wrap it up by Thanksgiving day. Then I can devote the rest of my time and energy to getting ready to travel to Germany to see my daughter. Speaking of which, her internet at the new apartment was finally turned on today. She is thrilled.



Guess who finally got a vehicle to replace the one that was wrecked? Deb the self proclaimed faith healer (not to be confused with Debra the author). She had been using a pickup truck that belongs to one of the men that goes to her church. Her insurance check finally arrived though and she went to a “buy here pay here” place and got a 2000 Plymouth Voyager mini van. I had to snick, not only because she bought from a “buy here pay here” place, but also because I used to have a Plymouth Voyager mini van. She’ll be sorry for that purchase! But it’s not like she is going to pay for it in the long run anyway. Even though she purchased from a place where she has to give them $100 a week in cash or money order, she intends to pay it off by Christmas. Her words were “I am going to make my mother pay for it.” Excuse me, but how does one make ones mother pay for their vehicle? I would like to know because I would dearly love to skip out on our Pathfinder payments and “make my mother pay for it.” I would really like to know the trick to this. It must be something they teach in her church. “How to bilk your 80 year old mother out of her life savings.



And while I am on the subject of mothers, allow me to tell you about the email my sister in law sent me in regards to the MIL. It seems that the mother in law is quite worried about not being around for many more Christmas's. Don't we all worry about that. So for Christmas she just wants food related items. Why burden yourself down with knick nacks and such that you just have to dust. Sadly I see her point. So therefore she would like cheese, crackers, nuts or chocolates. Do not get any trinkets or sweaters or anything, only food please. And do not get her dried cranberries because she is on a blood thinner and can only have fruits that have certain vitamins on certain days. Dried blueberries or apricots are fine though. She I be ashamed that she is making it so easy for me? Probably. But come on, aren't you jealous that I just got handed a road map as to what to buy someone for Christmas? Be jealous, be very jealous. Because when you are running around searching for the perfect gift I will be sitting back laughing at you fighting the crowds at the mall. Don't be a hater, you would laugh too!

The sister in law went on to tell me about her trip to New York city for her birthday last week. When she mentioned China Town I knew right then and there what I would be getting for Christmas, a designer purse. The SIL is like me and has never met a purse she didn't like. My fingers are itching right now just thinking about the purse. Purse addiction can be a serious thing you know. Anyway, then she goes into a 2 page blow by blow detail of every meal she ate while in New York. She's killing me. First she tell a purse-a-holic about her China Town shopping trip and then she tells me, a self proclaimed foodie about New York meals. That is cruel and unusual punishment and is punishable by a corned beef on rye. Yes, it's no wonder the G-man and I have big thighs. Whatcha gonna do?
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:40 PM | Permalink |