
I go to the mailbox on Saturday and what to my wondering eyes dies appear? A big fat envelope from IRS. They are auditing us for 2004. I guess in a way I can understand it. Previous to 2004 I made quite a nice chunk of change. So add that to the G-man’s chunk of change and we did pretty well. Our schedule A deductions were about average. Then came 2004 which was the first year that I didn’t work at all. It was also the year that I had my spinal fusion, found out I have aortic stenosis and Sonny Boy had his appendix out on my dime. So I can understand why they see red flags when they see my income take a dive but yet my medical deductions skyrocket. That doesn’t make it any easier for me though. I have to make copies of every receipt that I have and document every little expense a zillion different ways. and I have 2 weeks in which to do it. They don’t make it easy for you do they? And through out all of this I am trying to accomplish Nano (National Novel Writing Month). I think I need to take some Tylenol now.

Damn the tax man!




