Thursday, November 09, 2006
A Cruddy Day



I know I have been missing in action the last few days but I have a good reason. It’s that damned tax audit. I have been spending most of my time devoted to that hellish nightmare. I did take a break yesterday though. I was sitting in the dining room with scraps of paper spread all over the table trying to figure out what was what when suddenly the phone rang. I wasn’t going to stop what I was doing and answer it because normally only telemarketers call us on the home phone. I’m not even sure why we still have a home phone. Just for the convenience of the telemarketers I suppose. A tiny little voice poured over the answering machine, “Hi, this is Lil Miss” the tiny voice crackled. “Gwanma can I come over?” Now how can a Gwanma resist? So of course I immediately dropped what I was doing, picked up the phone and told her I would be there to pick her up in five minutes. I must admit, she was a welcome distraction because I was getting “audit overload”. (It’s a very common disease and normally strikes individuals being audited. Its onslaught is usually without warning). And as luck would have it, I had recently purchased some pretty spiffy wigs at an after Halloween sale. So Lil Miss and I had quite the fun time playing with the wigs. She even played dress-up in some of my more outlandish clothes. You will, however, notice that there are NO pictures of me in a Halloween wig. And that’s the way I plan on keeping it! Although I must admit, pink hair does give me that certain “something”. (tee-hee).



After we played dress up, we went in the spare bedroom so I could show Lil Miss that I had set up her computer in there. I had given her my old computer when her father was living with “that woman” a few months ago and he finally got it back from “that woman” last weekend. I would have hooked it up in Lil Miss’s bedroom but there is not an inch of available space in there. Now she has declared that the spare room is her office. I have to tell you, that girl is going to be a computer whiz! I had my back turned to her and was making the day bed in the spare room. When I turned around she had not only changed the background on the desktop but she was also in the middle of writing a very cute story in Word. She had changed the font to a handwriting font and had changed the color of the font to pink. And here is the real kicker, she had inserted pictures into her story. And they were pictures that fit into her story perfectly! That tells me that she has been watching my every move when I am on the computer. You know, she watches my every move when I drive too, I hope she doesn’t try to drive the car next. I am sure she could if she wanted to though. No doubt she gets all of her computer talent from me. Hey! Stop laughing! Tonight when the faith healers daughter came over to play with Lil Miss she tells her “come upstairs and see my rooms, I have TWO!” Then I heard her showing her around upstairs telling her “this is my room where I sleep and this is my room where I keep my office and do my homework”.



Today has been a rather shitty day for reasons I am too depressed to talk (or write) about. My youngest son has screwed up yet again and I am stressed, depressed, angry and disappointed over the whole situation. But I don’t want to talk about that. In the midst of an incredibly shitty day something so cool happened. I met with my nano buddy again for a write-in at a local bookstore. That is where we sit and write together. Actually we do a little writing and a lot of chatting and laughing. She is really a delight and if I get nothing else out of nano at least I met Deb the author. I have to call her Deb the author to keep her straight from Deb the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. Anyway, back to the cool thing that happened, somehow we got on the subject of her first book and I was telling her how I want to buy it. She tells me they have several copies of it at the very bookstore that we were sitting in. I go and find the last remaining copy and she was kind enough to sign it for me. If you are a book lover like me you can appreciate how incredibly awesome it is to not only be sitting with an author talking about her next book, but also to have her personally sign her first book for you. Tomorrow is my birthday but I think I got my birthday present early today when Deb the author signed my book. Thanks Deb! I’ve only had the book a few short hours and already I am on chapter three. If you get a chance check out her first book, The House of Pendragon by Debra Kemp. She has book 2 in the series coming out sometime in 2007. I can hardly wait. She has told me a few things that happen in book two and I can hardly wait till it comes out now. I am afraid that from now on when we are having our write-ins I may be tempted to tell her, “Stop helping me with my book and hurry up with book three because I want to read it now!” yes, she is THAT good!



The self proclaimed faith healer neighbor came over for a bit this afternoon. An interesting tidbit? She told me that the author who wrote the Harry Potter books is a witch and a devil worshiper. She went further to say that anyone who has any Harry Potter books in their house is worshiping the devil. I have the entire series in hardback and they are among my favorite books. I don’t worship satan though. Apparently that probably doesn’t matter according to her, but to be quite honest I was too afraid to tell her I have all of the Harry Potter books. She is a good one to talk though because in one breath she is telling me about how evil the Dungeons and Dragons game is but then goes on to tell me her son has it in his room and plays it every day. I wonder what that makes her and her family! Humph! I am more than a little pissed at her today. I went over to her house this afternoon crying about the latest stunt Sonny Boy has done. I went over as a friend and just wanted a friend to talk to about it and someone to say it’s okay you are doing the right thing. Does she tell me that? NO! She starts pulling out bibles and paper with special prayers on them and telling me that we have demons after us and only she can pray them away. Then she followed me home and kept trying to shove her religion down my throat there. She was very annoying today and she didn’t help a bit. No surprise there though, right?



As I mentioned, tomorrow is my birthday. I think I might be 28 instead of my usually 27. One of these decades I might actually hit 30. LOL. The G-man is taking the afternoon off and we are supposed to do something of my choosing for my birthday. The only problem is, there really isn’t anything I can think of to do. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a good book I am dying to get back to. Ta ta kiddies!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:40 PM | Permalink |