
I’ve had my Halloween scare already. I am on the road to recovery after my insulin incident and should be okay tomorrow, or at least one hell of a lot better than I have been today. I didn’t end up going to the hospital last night after all. After I signed off of here I took my blood sugar and it was 62. I was shaking, nauseous, had a horrible headache and my chest was hurting. I knew I was I serious trouble. I woke the G-man up and told him he needed to get dressed and take me to the hospital. Then I tried to get dressed myself. After we got dressed and were ready to leave I checked my blood sugar again. In the 10 minutes it took us to get dressed my blood sugar had jumped from 62 to 108. I decided to avoid going to the hospital at that point. I thought I had dodged a speeding bullet and everything would be okay. I was wrong.
I went to the doctor this morning for my flu shot and on the way there my blood sugar dived dangerously low again. When I got to the doctors they took me in the lab right away to draw blood to see where my blood sugars were. They put cold washcloths on the back of my neck and my face while I tried to drink a full sugar soda. Eventually it did come up. The doc explained to me that it may happen frequently today (and it did). But tomorrow will be a better day and I won’t get careless with my insulin anymore.




