Friday, September 01, 2006
Sad Goodbyes



The world is a little less brighter today. Yesterday in the early afternoon after a short illness my mother’s good friend Randy lost the fight. You may remember him as the guy who makes sure I have a bushel of steamed crabs waiting for me when ever I come home to visit. He also sends me back to Indiana with bags and bags full of juicy Eastern Shore tomatoes and peppers.



Words can not express how sad I am today. I can only imagine how my mother must be feeling. Not a day has gone by in the last one and a half years where they didn’t see each other. And when they weren’t together they were on the phone. I am glad we all knew Randy even though we had him for such a brief time. He was one of those people that made the sun shine a little brighter and made the laughter a little more sweeter. Randy you will be greatly missed. Thanks for the joy you brought to all of our lives. We’ll see you again one day, save a place for us!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 8:08 AM | Permalink |