
I used to live a peaceful quiet existence and I have to admit I enjoyed it. I was happy to have the only sound in my ears being the clicking of the keyboard as I typed. It was a nice life. But then the mother in law arrived and the silence was shattered. Need I say more? I bet she even talks in her sleep. I tried to pacify her with TV so I could do some things on the laptop. First off she only watches the Food Network and Larry King. I don’t know that she realizes there are 94 more channels or not. Must be something about being older that causes that because my mother only watches the Animal Planet and The Golden Girls. And she keeps a running commentary going the entire time she is watching TV so I guess I would rather watch TV with the MIl rather than her. Be grateful for small blessings I suppose. Ha ha.
I thought I would grab a few minutes to myself and go on the webcam to give Brooklyn some support since Soldier Boy deployed on Monday. I don’t know if you have ever seen a webcam screen or not but you can see both screens at the same time. For instance I am seeing Brooklyn in the top of my laptop screen and myself at the bottom of the laptop screen. So when the mother in law snuck up behind me and started peeking to see what I was doing I could see her on my laptop screen, and so could Brooklyn. The mother in law had no idea that we could see her however, which made it all the funnier.

We had a visitor yesterday. The self proclaimed faith healer neighbor came over. She had seen the mother in law walking from the car the day before and being the nosy neighbor she had to come over and see who was staying here. She stayed for TWO hours talking and preaching. At one point I started nodding off. I did hear a new one though. We all know what a poor existence the faith healer and her family lead. Even though they have no car payment and no house payment they live hand to mouth and are always getting the utilities shut off. It seems that she is going to try to save up to buy someone’s used refrigerator since the freezer in hers has not worked for the last 4 or 5 years. So you have no toilet in your 1 bathroom house and you’ve had no fully function refrigerator either? Does she think this is a third world country? It was pretty funny though as the mother in law asked her several religious questions that she couldn’t answer.

There goes my peace and quiet – the mother in law just found me. I went down to the TV room at 7:30 this morning. I kept the TV off and was sitting here quietly on the computer. The mother in law got up about 8am and sat in the kitchen for awhile. Next thing I know she is sneaking down here. She said that she was worried because she thought I was still in bed and thought I might have had a low blood sugar and was laying in a coma in bed. So she came down in the TV room to get the phone so she could call the G-man to tell him to come home and call an ambulance because I was in a coma. I don’t make this shit up people. Sort of reminds me of the time she broke our back door knob. Brooklyn can tell you about that one as she was a witness. We were out of town and the mother in law was house/teenager sitting for us. She went to let the dog out in the back yard and couldn’t get the back door open. So finally she picked up a fireplace log and beat the living hell out of that door knob to try and open it. All she managed to do was destroy the doorknob. She didn’t tell us about it when we came home but the G-man noticed it and asked her about it. Darn if she didn’t try to blame it on Brooklyn! Do you know why she couldn’t get the door open in the first place? It was locked!




