
I am pleased to say that Lil Miss is alive, well and none the worse for wear after her doctors appointment yesterday. And it was a good thing that I insisted on taking her to the doctor. The poor little lass has an ear infection and chronic bronchitis which the doctor is certain is triggered by an allergy. Exactly what allergy we don’t know, but he felt it more important to treat the symptoms at this point rather than put her through a battery of allergy tests. She will most likely need to go through the regime of allergy tests at some point though but this doctor would rather wait until she is 8 years old. He gave her some yummy tasting cherry liquid antibiotic and an asthma medicine which she is to take with the aid of a machine specially made for breathing treatments. Actually I believe my mother has the same machine and the same medicine which she used after she had pneumonia. It is scary to think of Lil Miss having to use such strong medicine at such an early age, but I am just grateful she finally got help.

As for Lil Miss’s mother – well, what can you say about someone who feels it is more important to get a manicure rather than take their child to the doctor? Just what can you say? I say this – paybacks are hell as she is now finding out! It’s called karma. You see, last Friday Lil Miss’s mother went to work at the pizza place she delivers pizza for. She had her wisdom teeth pulled out at some point last week, I’m not sure what day though. Anyway, her boss and a couple of other co-workers laughed at her and her wisdom teeth (or lack thereof). Lil Miss’s mother is a hot-head (as Brooklyn can attest to) and she cussed her boss and her co-workers out. So of course she was fired. Funny how that works – you cuss out your 18 year old female boss and call her an ignorant whore and the next thing you know you’re out of a job. Yes, funny how that works. Karma is an odd creature, don’t you think?

I did something today that I have been meaning to do for several months now. I applied for my passport! I would show you the passport picture, but it was all sent to the US Dept of something or other. There was a young mother in front of me with 2 little boys of perhaps 3 and 4 years of age. I think their father was Satan and they probably took after him more than their mother from the way they were acting, but they were cute little buggers nonetheless. In fact, after one little hellion climbed up the brochure rack he ran over next to me, perhaps mistaking me for his mother, and grabbed hold of my leg and stood there for a minute or two hugging it. When he realized what he was doing he jumped away and to give him credit it looked at me square in the eyes and apologized. I told him not to worry that I didn’t mind a bit. And actually that is not the first time that has happened to me. In addition to being a freak magnet I am kid magnet. The G-man says it is because I am a breeder and kids automatically zero in on breeders. I say it’s because I look like an old grandma. I really need to work on presenting my mean face more often. Back to the passport though, they told me it would arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. I am hoping it will arrive sooner though so my mother and I can go through with our travel plans to visit Brooklyn in Germany.

And speaking of poor Brooklyn, she has learned the evils of chocolate milk today. I signed onto the webcam when I got back from applying for my passport. We start to chat and suddenly our connection freezes up. I wasn’t sure what was going on so I disconnected my end of the connection and waited for her to reconnect. Five minutes passed and still no Brooklyn. I figured that perhaps Soldier Boy had called so I didn’t worry. But then the home phone rang. I was on the PC so I didn’t bother to answer it. Okay, I never answer the home phone, but I digress. Then I hear a frantic voice come over the answering machine – “MOM HELP ME! I screwed up my computer and I don’t know what to do – WAH!!!!!” I pick up the phone and hear Brooklyn’s sad tale. It seems she spilled a glass of chocolate milk on her laptop. I believe she was walking to the computer desk and tripped over Booger, her little pug. Once I got her calmed down I told her to let the PC dry overnight. But she had already tried to reboot the PC for the 3rd time by this point and gratefully it booted up perfectly this time. Whew! Talk about dodging a speeding bullet. I think I would lay off the chocolate milk for awhile if I were her, or at least keep it away from the laptop.




