Friday, September 08, 2006
I Love My Mother In Law



Above is how my bathroom shelf looked pre-mother in law. My toothbrush is the purple one and the other of course belongs to the G-man. You know what they say, the husband and wife that keeps their toothbrushes together stays together.



This is how my bathroom shelf looks now. I went in there last night to brush my teeth and it seems that the mother in law has banished my toothbrush to the opposite corner. Her toothbrush is proudly placed next to her little boys. After all he is her special little man. How...sweet.



Yesterday the mother in law and I went on a bus tour of Indianapolis with the rest of the USS Bell members. We had a good time. When we got to the hotel at 10am several of the sailors were already on their 2nd beers of the morning. These guys don’t play around. We are talking sailors that are in their 80’s! They were a fun bunch and they kept making inappropriate comments as the tour guide was talking. It was hilarious. Those old dudes really know how to tie one on. The G-man couldn’t come as he had to work. He really missed a good time.



See the steps in the picture above? I opted for the antique elevator while these 80 year olds climbed these stairs. I’ve been out ran by an 80 year old. Oh the shame. I will renew my gym membership first thing on Monday. The embarrassing part was at this memorial the MIL had to dispose of lunch if you know what I mean. So she is in the bathroom and the tour guide tells everyone to get on the bus so we can go to the next place. I waited for the MIL to come out, being the dutiful daughter in law. So by the time she finally came out of the bathroom everyone else was on the bus and they were waiting for us to come out.

Today I took the MIL shopping so she could a shirt. She is a fan of the button down shirt. It is her standard uniform and pretty much all she wears. And she only wears black stretch pants. That is her “Old Gal” uniform. I have never seen her in anything else. And her button down shirts are all dark one, usually black. I am a jeans and pullover shirt gal myself. Weird how that happens isn't it? Don't you find yourself wearing one standard type of outfit 24/7? I know I do and apparently so does the MIL. I digress though. So when the MIL visits I am expected to be her constant companion. Not a totally bad thing when you consider one major thing - SHOPPING! yes, for some reason it is inherently more fun to shop with a woman rather than drag a grumpy husband with you, even if that woman is in the senior set. Hey, I'll take my entertainment where I can get it.

After we went shopping we came home and had lunch. Next thing I know I holed myself up in my bedroom to work. Sadly I must admit I have been putting my work on the back burned while the MIL has been here. And why is it that it is either feast or famine? Before the MIL arrived I had pretty much a clear work slate. after she arrived, the very day after, suddenly I was the hot flavor of the month and everyone wanted me to design a website for them. I guess the MIL is good for business. LOL. But hanging around with the MIL doesn't get my work done, so I holed myself up and told both the G-man and her not to bother me because I have lots of work to do and can’t be disturbed. So I think I’ll stop playing Bud Redhead on the computer and actually work. Hey, it’s hard work stomping on all those ghosties and stuff on Bud Redhead. It could be considered work! It could!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 12:06 PM | Permalink |