
This morning I would have sworn that Fall had Fell. The temps were in the 40’s and was it ever chilly. I even put my winter robe on. My winter robe is purple fleece and cuddly warm and has little white snowmen on it. It makes me feel snuggly! And since it was so cold I dressed for nippy fall weather. I even wore tennis shoes and socks instead of my crocs. Now here it is afternoon and on the way home from my errands I was so hot I had to put the air conditioner on in the car. I hate weather like this. I’m sorry but if you are going to be cold and nippy, you should stay cold and nippy the entire day. There is a saying in Indiana that goes “If you don’t like the weather wait a minute, it will change.” We don’t play that game in Maryland (where I am from). A cold day stays a cold day and a warm day stays warm. It just gives me another reason to be dissatisfied with Indiana. But when I think seriously about moving back home, I think of the mother in law and how she told me how she would LOVE it if we moved back home so she could see us EVERY day. Pardon me, I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth.
And how is the dear sweet mother in law now that she is back home? Lets see, she called the G-man on Monday night when she got home so he would know she made it home safely. And then she called him on Wednesday since she didn’t get to make her usual Sunday night call (because she was here). And lastly she called him last night just to see how he was doing. I liked it better when she was just calling on Sunday nights.

You may have noticed I’ve been AWOL for the past few days. In between being busier than a one armed paper hanger I have been battling the curse of the bad back. Yes, that little back problem that I had the last day of the USS Bell’s reunion is still there and not getting any better. But then again I’m not doing what the doctors say I should either. What do doctors know anyway! If I took all the medications they told me to and did all that they said I should I would be a bedridden drug addict. And you know, some days that doesn’t sound too bad. And off the subject, you should see all of the blogs that pop up when you do a Google search on “one armed paper hanger. There are a lot of paper hangers out there. Who knew!

Today the G-man decided I needed to get out of the house. He planned a mini road trip to the Outlet stores in Edinburgh Indiana. It is an hour’s drive from here. An hours drive doesn’t sound too far, but when you have a bad back an hours drive is the same distance as a 48 hour drive. And what is up with planning an outing where your wife, whose back is out to lunch, has to walk around an outlet mall? That doesn’t sound very intelligent to me. But after we arrived at the outlets and his first stop was one of the book store outlets, his plan became apparent to me. He just wanted to browse the WWII books! I decided I would punish his callus behavior by going into the Coach outlet and purchasing a lovely new purse. I couldn’t even afford a checkbook cover in that store. The cheapest thing in the entire store was a checkbook cover and it was $59.99. You don’t even want to know the price of the purses. I think my best bet would be to go to Chicago and look for a purse vender in an out of the way alley, just like I did when I got the Prada bags. So to show for my pain all I got out of today’s experience was a $3.99 book on writing funny Christmas newsletters and yet another book on WWII. But at least I’ll have interesting reading to nod off over when the percocet kicks in. Nighty nite!




