
Last night we continued the elusive search for the perfect family room curtains. I have come to the realization that the perfect family room curtains do not exist. The G-man is determined to find them before the his mommy gets in town next Monday. Frankly I am ready to strangle him with the “perfect curtain”. Our stop of the evening was Kohls. And as I am coming out of the housewares section and walking by the shoe aisle I hear my name being hollered. I turn and look and there is Lil Miss’s mother. She and her boy friend are shoe shopping. She shows me this lovely pair of $70 shoes she is buying herself. Then she shows me a clearance pair of $3 sandals that she is thinking of buying Lil Miss. After all the child support check did just arrive and she really should buy Lil Miss something. I told her that this warm weather would only last a couple more weeks before fall hits so she may want to rethink the sandals.

The next store we hit is Wally-world and once again no viable curtains. But as I am going through the line with some camera batteries I hear my name called out again. Yup, it was Lil Miss’s mother. She decided against the sandals after I talked to her at the last store and she is buying Lil Miss a new Bratz doll instead. Yeah, she can really wear that to school. I am so happy that the child support money is being spent responsibly. I decided to take matters into my own hands. Our next stop was the Red Dot Boutique and you may remember a certain pair of pink Barbie boots that a certain little girl wanted last Thursday night? Well I bought them. To be fair I had written last week that I would have bought them if they had been on sale. And as good fortune would have it they were on sale last night at $2 off the regular price. Not much of a sale but a sale nonetheless. So the pink boots are now tucked safely in her room upstairs waiting for me to grab them and drop them off to her tonight. After all, isn’t that what a Gwanma is for?

After we get home from the stores (curtainless) the G-man gets his usual Sunday night call from his mom. The call was so frustrating to him that he only talked for 20 minutes. The MIL was recently put on insulin for her diabetes to see if that would help her blood sugars come down. Since she has a needle and insulin she needs to take certain measures when she travels. We told her what she needs to do and we told the G-man’s sister (whom the MIL lives with) as well. We might as well have been talking to a brick wall. Between the two of them they are both over analyzing and worrying about the situation instead of getting the damned note. What if they won’t let me carry my insulin on the plane? What if they won’t let ME on the plane because I am a diabetic? (WTF?) So the G-man says “Mom did you get the note from the Dr yet?” No I’m not going to do that, because they probably won’t let me fly anyway and I won’t get to go. Considering that the ticket is non-refundable she'd better get that Dr note and get on that plane one way or the other! In fact he told her something to that effect before he hung up, only he put it in much gentler terms such as “Mom I’ll be real disappointed if you don’t come.” I like my way better.

BTW, I found the PERFECT toilet paper holder. I should buy don’t you think? You want one too don't you. Sorry, this one is all mine!




