
Look who made it to the TOP of the list at Pet Sale Avenue? Our one and only Booger (my daughter’s pug). How awesome is that? Brooklyn received a very nice email from Pet Sale Avenue saying that they liked Booger’s blog so much that they were putting it at the top of their list of doggie blogs. I can’t help but feel some sense of pride since I designed the template. But the real credit goes to Brooklyn for typing up Boogers words (his paws get stuck between the keys when he tries) and to Booger for being so gosh darn cute. Way to go Boog! Now I can say my Booger is famous. Having a famous Booger should make for some interesting Google searches.

What will $1.99 get you in the Midwest? An awesome fleece blanket at the fabric store! And they had tons and tons of designs to choose from. But as soon as I saw Popeye I knew I had to get it for Brooklyn. If you aren’t able to read what it says at the top it says “Support Our Troops”. I’m putting it in my next care package to Brooklyn since it is already starting to get cold in Germany.

But the real fun in the fabric store wasn’t looking at the fabric, the real fun was looking at the other customers! My favorite was the mullet family. Mrs. Mullet, who had the shortest mullet, was standing in line at the fabric table to get her fabric cut. Mr. Mullet had a mullet halfway down his back and he was wearing a nascar tee-shirt. He was holding Mullet Jr. who was a little boy of about 2 or 3 years old at best and had a mullet just past his shoulders. Billy Ray would have been proud.
On the depressing side of things (like mullets aren’t depressing enough) it has been damp and drizzly all day here in the barren wasteland of the Midwest. I can remember back when I used to love days like this because it was so cozy to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of hot tea when the weather is miserable outside. Now I curse this weather. Damn you foul weather! Since my spinal fusion every time it rains I am sent into a downward spiral of severe pain and agony and today is no exception. All the morphine and percocet in the world won’t help this pain. And what worries me is that the bad weather hasn’t even begun. It seems like each winter my back tolerates the bad weather less and less. I was in Hobby Lobby this morning and my favorite cashier told me that her grandson said the Farmers Almanac said that this would be an abnormally cold winter. Oh great, just what someone with a failed spinal fusion wants to hear. I suppose I had better start laying in firewood, craft supplies and books because if the winter is going to be that bad I am going to be spending most of it laid up on the sofa. Damn that old man Winter. And I bet he has a mullet too!




