
We’ve been busy with this damned never-ending painting of the TV room so the G-man decided we needed a break and suggested we go to the movies last night. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. I’m not a big fan of sequels but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It gets the official Daisy seal of approval. Go see it!

A miracle has occurred in our neighborhood. Do you remember my self proclaimed faith healer neighbor? And do you recall the saga of their bathroom (the only one they have in their house). To recap (in case you have forgotten) her husband (the prophet) ripped out their toilet and sink last spring so he could replace them with new. Since it was their only bathroom they used a bucket to do their “business” in and would throw the contents out of the bathroom window onto their back yard. They took the old sink and toilet and set it in front of their house for the garbage men to take. Only the garbage men never took it. And the prophet never put the new sink and toilet in. Miracles will never cease because a couple of days ago the old sink and toilet FINALLY disappeared. I don’t know of the garbage men took pity on them and finally took in after 5 months of it sitting on the curb in front of their house, or if the prophet husband finally realized that the garbage men were never going to take it and hauled it off himself. I’m just grateful that the eyesore is gone. I don’t know if he has ever gotten around to putting the new sink and toilet in or not but at least the pile of garbage is gone. It’s a start. Maybe next they’ll get rid of the cars on blocks that they have had sitting in their front yard for the last two years. You never know!




