
Do you like guilty pleasures? I don’t, I find that I tend to feel too guilty when I partake in a guilty pleasure. Take for instance this morning. I woke up at 10am this morning instead of my customary 7am. I have been feeling like I wasted my whole day ever since. Why can’t I just relax and enjoy the guilty pleasure? I mean isn’t that the whole point of a guilty pleasure, after all? Damn I hate sleeping in late!

Lil Miss’s daddy is out of town for work again this week so she gets to spend the night here tonight. I don’t really mind that and to tell the truth I rather enjoy it. How could you not enjoy spending time with someone who thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread? I didn’t want to take her clothes shopping again since the last time I did that all I heard was shoes, boots, shoes, toy, gimme, gimme. So I got smart and went shopping yesterday afternoon. I happened upon some fabulous sales! I got Lil Miss some really cute jeans, a top that has army camo in the inset and a tee shirt with the cutest saying. Thanks to sales the total sum of the shopping trip was less than $20. Not a bad deal considering the jeans regular price was $26.99. I love a good sale.

I stumbled upon the best tasting salad last night. There is this Greek salad at WG Grinders that I absolutely adore (even though I can’t stand their subs). I was in the grocery yesterday afternoon and I saw a package of feta cheese and it reminded me of the Greek Salad. The next thing I knew I was throwing things into the cart to make it, or at least my version of it. I used some of the yummy cucumbers that have finally grown in my garden, along with some cherry tomatoes that I grew too. And I added some red onion, fresh basil leaves, crumbled feta and calamata olives. I drizzled a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over it all and then made a special mix and added that. The special mix was 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons vinegar mixed together until the sugar dissolves. Then I put some fresh ground pepper and kosher salt on the concoction and let it sit 30 minutes before serving it. Delicious!
Now I have a tin of stuff that I am behind on that I really must get to. The count down to the Queen mother (the MIL) visit is on so every day we do some other hideous cleaning project like scrubbing already pristine walls or grouting bathroom tile. Hideous chores! Back to the salt mines!




