
I had a brainstorm yesterday. Juanita mentioned a “Hello Kitty” themed bathroom that she had fallen in love with and as I am answering her it suddenly hit me! I can use the blue toilet seat that I had fallen in love with in my downstairs bathroom!

My downstairs bathroom is done I a frog theme. Now as for the toilet seat, there were 2 of them. One was clear blue with bubbles in it. The other was clear blue with fishies in it. I could get the clear blue one with the bubbles in it and put it in my froggie bathroom and not have to hang anything else. It would all match. Thanks Juanita for being my inspiration. By the way, don’t let the picture of the bathroom scare you, it really is called a “shit and brush” for a good reason as you can see. You can hang your head over the sink and brush your teeth while sitting on the potty. It doesn’t get any smaller than that!

The strangest thing happened. As you may know, the G-man and I are researching his fathers Naval history. Well, when we were back home last week I was telling my father about our search for the G-man’s fathers WWII Naval history. Then I happened to glance over and see a picture of my father wearing a Navy uniform on the end table! Upon questioning Dad I learned that he served aboard the USS Des Moines during the Korean Conflict area. (Do they call that a war or a conflict?) Anyway, here is the weird part. I went online last night and did a search on the USS Des Moines. You aren’t going to believe what I found! It seems that the nick name for the USS Des Moines is “DAISY MAE”! Can you believe that? I was blown away. Now ya’ll may not believe this but my real name isn’t Daisy Mae. So my father didn’t name me after his ship or anything. The fact that I chose Daisy Mae as my blog name is merely coincidental. How odd is that?

Next week school starts so I am taking Lil Miss out for a day of fun today. We are going to the movies this morning to see Barnyard. And then after lunch at somewhere disgusting with big yellow arches we are going to come home and get into this HUGE box that Tracy and the Bradley Foundation sent to me to some web work I had done for them. It was really unnecessary for them to send it as they had already paid me but I am secretly glad they did. This box is full of so much fun! I am not even going to describe it, I will do you one better and post pictures tomorrow of us getting into it this afternoon. And now, it is off to the movies along with about a zillion other screaming little munchkins. Because we all know that when it is a rainy overcast day in the summer (like it is today) all the kids head straight to the movie theater. What have I gotten myself into?




