
Just when I thought I was done with the state fair for another year it’s back to the fair. Sounds like a bad movie doesn’t it? I only wish that it were. Oh the things I do for my granddaughter. It went down like this – My oldest son and his girlfriend live together. She has a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. She is taking her kids to the fair but thought that it would be too many kids to watch if Lil Miss went so she asked me to come and help. The way she put it was that Lil Miss couldn’t go unless I went along to help watch the kids. Just a little bit of emotional blackmail don’t you think? The next thing I know, not only am I going to the fair to baby-sit but I am driving everyone there in my car! It seems that my sons girlfriend is letting her daughter bring a friend and there won’t be room for everyone in her car because of this so I wouldn’t mind driving would I? Actually yes I would mind, but it’s too late, I already said yes.
She calls me just a few minutes ago to let me know she is at the grocery and is buying grapes and other assorted fruits and juices to pack up in the car to snack on during the long 20 minute drive to the fair. Snacks, kids and leather seats don’t mix so I am going to have to play the bad guy and nix the eating/drinking in the car idea. And given the fact that I have never seen this woman without a beer in her hand (even while she is driving) I am going to extend the bad guy routine a bit further and not let her drink beer in my car either. I am sure that by the end of the day I will definitely not be her best friend but maybe my leather seats will survive the afternoon.
I wish I had taken my camera with me when I went over to my son’s house last night because guess what Lil Miss showed me? She can ride a two-wheeler bike without training wheels! I was so proud of her! Last week when she was here she had the G-man taker her training wheels off of the bike she keeps here. Then she had him hold on to the seat of the bike and run along side so she wouldn’t fall. Last night she hopped up on the bike and just took off across the yard. I was so proud!

And now it’s fair time. If you never hear from me again you’ll know I got just a little too close to the “worlds largest hog” pen and he ate me. Wish me luck, I’ll need it!




