
Great news, the book I ordered from Amazon.com arrived today. The bad news is that since the mailman is so afraid of our dog he jammed the package into our mailbox. I had one hell of a time getting it out of there. I was not a happy camper and more than a couple of 4 letter words escaped my lips. But the important part is that the book is here and it will make for great reading while on the long 12 hour car trip.

Tomorrow is the big day, we leave for Maryland in the afternoon. The G-man is taking off of work an hour early so we can hopefully get ahead of the afternoon computer traffic. Lil Miss is so excited and already has her little suitcase packed and ready to go. I am sure she is over packed as her mom told me that she has packed several outfits, a couple of dresses and two bathing suits. But I say it is better to over pack rather than under pack, don’t you agree? Since I am a world class shopper I (of course) shopped prior to the trip for a few new clothes. I found this beautiful brown top that I just fell in love with. Isn’t it the most beautiful top you have ever seen in your entire life! I bought it yesterday from Kohls. When I came home and tried it on for the G-man his reaction was less than ecstatic. So I questioned him until I got to the heart of the matter. It seems that he felt that the top could be perhaps a size larger as it was too clingy. I wasn’t going to take his word for it so I uploaded a picture of me wearing it to my daughter, Brooklyn. She told me the truth, it made my tire look even larger than it is due to the tie at the bottom of the shirt. So it was back to Kohls tonight to return it. There was just one problem with this. I had drank a huge iced tea prior to going to Kohls so I had to use the bathroom there. When I walked into the first stall I actually gave a little scream. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. It was so disgusting that I am not even going to post the picture I took of it, I am going to pos a link instead. You can choose if you are brave enough to see what a bathroom stall in Kohls looks like.
Click Here to View Bathroom Stall at Kohls in Carmel Indiana
And speaking of my daughter, if you have visited My Soldiers Wife on my sidebar you ma have figured out that it is my daughters blog (as is Boogers Boudoir.) And if you have visited My Soldiers Wife previously you may remember that it had a nice 1940’s vintage look to it (and damned swell looking if you ask me). Anyone that knows Brooklyn can tell you that was not the blog look for her. So in the middle of the night last night I uploaded her new blog design that I did for her. Now this is definitely more Brooklyn’s style and I mean that in the nicest way. The beauty of Brooklyn is that she is her own person and has a fun and unique personality full of vitality. So check out her new blog look and tell her what you think if it. Be careful though because “trespasser’s will be slapped”.

It’s off to bed with me now because I have to get up early in the morning and gas up the Pathfinder, take the dog to the boarders, get some cash out of the bank, pack up the pillows and such in the car (leaving the suitcases and cooler for the G-man to pack when he gets home), give all the plants a good watering, remind my eldest to pick up the mail, pick out some music CDs for our roadtrip, pack a zillion insulin needles and a few gallons of insulin, buy a bag of ice for the cooler, print out the labels for my postcard buddies (be sure to send me an email if you want a postcard from the beach), find the list of the goodies that everyone wants me to bring back for them and if I can find the time take a shower, get dressed and drink a cup of coffee.
So my next post may be from Washington Pennsylvania (where we are spending the night tomorrow night) or is could be from Ocean City Maryland (where the sister in law lives). And don’t worry I will take tons of pictures and post them. So if I don’t see you, have a good morning, good afternoon and good evening. Next stop THE BEACH!




