Sunday, July 09, 2006
Take me out to the Ballgame



You may have wondered where I have been for the last 2 days since I haven’t been on the internet. I have been recuperating more or less. I posted an entry today but dated it for yesterday. So looking at the previous entry will explain. I didn’t want to post it with this entry because this entry is all about fun, good times and finding out how much hotdog the G-man can stuff in his face at one time. And from the looks of it, quite a lot!



We had planned on going out to dinner and then a baseball game with some friends tonight but they called at the last minute and canceled due to a nasty cold. We decided to go anyway and I’m glad we did because although the beer was expensive it was icy cold and smooth going down! Okay, not that I would know really because I only had a few sips of one of the G-man’s beers. I stuck with bottled water and peanuts.



You know how there are always a few empty seats at the ballpark? Well the first group that came along decided to sit in these empty seats instead of finding the seats they actually had tickets for. Then when the people who had tickets for those seats arrived they had to sit in someone else’s seats since these people were sitting in their seats. And the those people arrived… you get the picture. There for awhile the G-man and I were the only ones sitting in the correct seats. Finally a group came that wasn’t going to play the “switch the seats” game and they got a security person and snitched. The security person checked tickets and made everyone move to their correct seats. There for awhile all we could see was asses standing in our face instead of the game. It was quite annoying. Like the G-man said, if we wanted to see asses we would have gone to a strip club instead of a ballpark! Then when that finally cleared up this big red dog (Rowdy) came up and started singing happy birthday to a group of people across the aisle from us WHILE THE GAME WAS ON! We weren’t destined to see the game I think. But people watching is sometimes more fun then watching the game anyway.



At one point Rowdy started flinging tees shirts into the crowd. One fell right in front of my feet. As I started to bend down to pick it up this asshole from across the aisle rushed over and snatched it up! I was PISSED! That was certainly no gentleman. But judging from the dirty shirt he was wearing he needed it more than me so I just gave him a nasty look and went back to watching the game. Oddly enough he didn’t stay around very long. It just figures that the G-man had gone to get another beer when it happened. I bet that guy wouldn’t have done that had the G-man been there!



All in all we had a wonderful time even though the Indians didn’t win. The final score was 7/6. After the game we walked around downtown and ended up at BW3 for hot wings and beer. Now a bad combination at all. Coming out of BW3’s proved to be challenging though because a Barbershop Quartet convention let out next door a few minutes before we left BW3’s and 5,000 senior citizens came barreling down the street, walkers and all. Senior citizens can be ruthless! We actually couldn’t open the door to walk out on to the street. It was the craziest thing. Don’t ever piss off a senior citizen is all I have to say!

 
posted by Daisy Mae at 12:01 AM | Permalink |