Monday, July 10, 2006
Headaches and Movies



For some reason I woke up with a stress headache today which got progressively worse as the day went on. It was so bad that I even too a nap this afternoon to try to sleep it off. Finally I went to the drugstore and got the little gem pictured above. A hot/cold pack. Ahhh…. How sweet it is! I used the heat portion of it. Within 10 minutes of having it on the back of my neck my muscles untensed and my headache finally subsided. Now am I left to wonder why I waited until 9:00 pm to buy it. Temporary insanity?



Even though I had a headache we went to the movies after dinner tonight. We went to see The Breakup. I liked it I must admit. Yes it was a chick flick but it was funny and sad at the same time. In the beginning when they were arguing over lemons I swear it was the G-man and I. I didn’t care for the ending too much but I don’t want to spoil it in case you decide to watch it. All in all I give this movie the Daisy seal of approval. And most important, the popcorn was good.



While at the drug store I found this cute little herb planter. And it came with 6 packets of assorted herbs. I have basil and sage growing in the garden but I thought it would be nice to have herbs growing in the kitchen. Too bad I don’t have a green thumb. In other words, they will probably wilt and die like most things I plant.



I thought it was kind of funny what the name was on the seed packets. “Buzzy Seeds” was the brand name. Sounds like I am growing something illegal instead of mere chives and parsley doesn’t it? I wonder what marketing genius thought THAT name up?
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 9:50 PM | Permalink |