Saturday, July 22, 2006
Good News From the Doctor



I had my monthly appointment with my heart doctor yesterday afternoon and had wonderful news. I may live after all! Actually what he told me was that I would be fine to fly to Germany any time in the next 6 months. He thinks it will be perfectly safe as long as I don’t do anything strenuous such as climbing the Swiss Alps or anything. What a bummer, because that’s exactly what I wanted to do! Okay, maybe I was just wanting to see a castle or two and not mountain climb, but I’m pretty sure touring castles can be strenuous too. If nothing else the act of running away from the ghosts would be exercise enough.

The heat wave finally broke in our little corner of the Midwest and I was able to turn the air conditioning off today for the first time this month. It amazes me how I hate the warm weather during the summer but in the winter I would give anything to have the warm weather of the summer. I guess the grass truly is greener on the other side. Such is life, eh?



I think Sonny Boy has lost his job. He hasn’t worked since last Sunday. Today I asked him if he was still working and he gave me some long drawn out story that made no sense and told me that yes he was still working at the same place. Then he told me that he had worked this week and got rather snippy when I suggested that he hadn’t. But later when the G-man asked him about it he said that he had the week off. So what is it, did you work this week or did you take the week off? It is pretty apparent that he has been fired yet again. I think he is trying to get into the Guinness book of records for the teenager who has been fired the most times.



As you may recall we are hitting the road next week (Wednesday to be exact) and are driving home to Maryland for a few days. Already the lists have started. What lists? The lists of foods people want us to bring back for them. Lil Miss’s mother wants scrapple and Tastykakes (Peanut Tandy cakes). A guy the G-man works with wants a couple of bags of Utz Crab Chips. My eldest son wants scarpple, Utz chips and soft shell crabs. Brooklyn wants Old Bay seasoning. And then there is our own list of goodies such as scrapple, soft shell crabs, Wise Cheese Waffies, Tastykakes and Utz. We should open up a snack cart. We would make a million! We aren’t going to Maryland just for the food, I swear we aren’t! At least that’s my story and I’m stickling to it!



Lil Miss is getting really anxious. Her mom has already purchased a beach towel for her. Lil Miss called me last night wanting to know if she should take her Barbies and Barbie cars so we can play Barbies together on the 12 hour trip. Lets see, 12 hours of playing Barbies in a vehicle on a long car trip? I’m pretty sure there will be no room for Barbies in the car. She will have to make do with the DVD player and the bag of goodies I bought her. I put together a goodie bag that has coloring books, picture books, stickers, DVDs and markers In it for her. Those things will have to be entertainment for her during the long car trip because I will be busy as co-pilot making sure the G-man drives the way I want him too. If you think I am good as a front seat driver you should see me back seat drive. I have it down to an art, or at least that is what the G-man says. The way I see it, someone has to tell him how to drive and it might as well be me.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 5:04 PM | Permalink |