
Remember how I was trying to connect with my daughters deceased friends mother to borrow the scrapbook Brooklyn had made him for his 22nd birthday? (He would have been 25 now). We finally connected and I drove over and picked up the scrapbook yesterday afternoon. We had a nice little chat and I found out that she does not have any ill will towards Brooklyn at all. In fact she is grateful to Brooklyn because she said that the years her son was best friends with Brooklyn were the happiest years of his life. Apparently her son (Timmy) had fallen in with a bad influence by the name of John. John worked for Timmy’s dad and she said that after Timmy fell under his influence he did things we never would have dreamed of doing, and apparently they weren’t nice things. She has a great deal of dislike for this John fellow.

Now Brooklyn had warned me several times about this scrapbook but I never took heed. I mean how bad could it be considering that Timmy’s mother says it is her most cherished possession now that Timmy is gone and that she looks at it often. How bad could it possibly be? Pretty bad! So bad that I won’t even post some of the pictures on here. So bad that there are 2 pictures Timmy’s mother turned over so no one would see them. Yup, pretty bad. But they were teenagers when they took the pictures and they were having the time of their lives. So even though some of the pictures are crude and something a mommy shouldn’t be seeing, the spirit of it shines through and what you have is a scrapbook detailing some very happy times in a group of close friends, and that is a beautiful thing in the long run. We should all have such happy times to look back at and remember fondly when we are old and gray. And like the G-man said, knowing Brooklyn and Timmy he thought the pictures would be a lot worse.

A few of you, in regards to my last post, asked what floam was. Floam is awesome! It is like small round styrofoam beads in gooey gunk and you can shape it around objects and let it dry. It's loads of fun. Lil Miss put some around her bike handle bars and let it dry. And it feels so good to squish in your hands. Don’t believe me? Go to http://www.floam.com/and try some for yourself. I wouldn’t mind getting myself a tub of floam just to play with all by myself. Hey, I could cover the fridge or stove with floam. Wouldn’t that be fun!

I’ve been sort of laying low this weekend because I have a new health problem. I have a tennis ball lodged in my throat/neck right on my jaw line. It goes by the name of “infected lymph node” (but I shall call him Eduardo) and is most likely caused by the huge honking cold sore I have on my lip. I have medicine left over from the last time I had “Eduardo”. So there is no need to go to a doctor since all he will do is to give me a prescription for the same medicine I am taking. Doesn’t it make you feel a little better to go to the doctor though? Even though they don’t do anything. It’s sort of like taking a placebo I suppose.

Lil Miss came over for a few hours to play and she stayed for dinner yesterday. She brought her feather boa with her that she had bought on our “girls afternoon” the day before. As I am cooking I am not really paying attention to what she was doing. Then I happen to look over as our dog Moose goes to his food dish and she has decked Moose out in her boa. Blue isn’t his color though, he is more of a pink boa kind of fellow. The scary thing is that he seemed to like it!

A heat wave has hit the Midwest so I shall spend the rest of my weekend hunkering down in the house with the air conditioning blasting while I scan more scrapbook pictures for Brooklyn. With maybe breaking off occasionally to have a video call with Brooklyn on the webcam so I can check on my little Booger and make sure he is okay. Yes, I have 2 grandchildren. A 6 year old girl and a 3 year old pug. One of them sheds occasionally but I’m not saying which one. It was kind of funny when I was talking to Brooklyn on the webcam yesterday afternoon. I started talking to Booger and he would cock his head left then right and give a snort of recognition every now and then. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay cool.




