Monday, July 03, 2006
Energetic Granddaughters



Somehow I got roped into babysitting my granddaughter, Lil Miss yesterday after Sonny Boys birthday lunch. She was pretty much well behaved and I was having a good day so I didn’t mind. We started off by heading off to Walmart so Lil Miss could spend the rest of her birthday money. My mother had sent her a card with some money in it so she bought this snazzy Bratz chair with it. An odd choice but frankly it is the same sort of gift her Aunt Brooklyn would have bought at that age. They are very much alike, including their shoe addiction.



Speaking of shoe additions, Lil Miss HAD to get a pair of black high heeled sandals while we were at Walmart. Like I said, she is JUST like her Auntie Brooklyn. I bought her the pretty blue tank top and twirly white skirt also. Every little girl should have a twirly white skirt to go with their black high heeled sandals, don’t you think? And if you think Lil Miss’s face looks a little odd, it does. She fell off of the monkey bars when she was at the park with her other grandpa and she got banged up pretty bad.



After our shopping trip we decided we should make a trek to the “jungle” and of course take the dog for protection. Although looking at the dogs eyes in this picture I think we might be needing protection from HIM. The dog looks like he is NUTS! Actually, he sort of is.



There is this wooded park with trails in the woods that leads to the White River not too far from our house. It is across the street from an exclusive private school called Park Tutor. Lil Miss had never been to this park. I told her it was the Amazon Jungle and that real live Indians had made the trails over a hundred years ago. She loved it. She was a little scared at first because it is densely wooded. But once we started hiking the trails she had a blast. And when we came upon the water you would have thought she had found buried treasure. She was thrilled that she was allowed to pick the “flowers” and even take a few river rocks. She found it to be a great adventure and will probably always remember the time her favorite grandparents took her to the “Amazon Jungle”. I’m a stinker aren’t I?!



Hiking through the Amazon will work up an appetite quicker than anything. So after we dropped Crazy Eyes the dog off at home we headed to Steak and Shake where we proceeded to have the worst service we have ever gotten anywhere! This waiter was so bad that the G-man was considering taking this guys job over and doing it himself. When the food finally came it was cold. I was supposed to get fries with cheese sauce on the side and a cheeseburger with mustard. I got cold fries and a cheeseburger drenched in cheese sauce. I sent it back of course. Meanwhile the G-man got his double cheeseburger but it had no cheese on it! So this moron waiter comes walking over with a slice of cheese in his hands and throws it at the G-man for his burger. That did it for me and I complained to the manager. Not only did she give us our meal for free but she also got our order redone and redone correctly and fast. One odd thing is they kept brining Lil Miss a chocolate shake. We hadn’t ordered one so we told them it wasn’t ours. About 10 minutes later they brought her another one. Once again we explained we didn’t order one and we sent it back. The third time that they brought the chocolate shake over we figured if she didn’t drink it they weren’t going to stop bringing it so we kept it.



After we got home Lil Miss still had a lot of energy (where the hell does she get it from?) so we blew bubbles out in the front yard in front of the garage. These bubbles were blueberry scented. When did they start making fruit scented bubbles? I feel cheated that I never knew about them before. I want some for myself!



We ended the night with a small firework display in the back yard with some old fireworks that we found in the garage. I think they had been in there for about 5 years or more judging from all of the dust on the box. After the fireworks we finally were able to get Lil Miss to bed. It was only 11pm by that point. But the good part about her going to bed later is that she didn’t wake up until 11am today. But unfortunately so did I.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 4:40 PM | Permalink |