
I was on the webcam with my daughter yesterday when she got a call from Sergeant Harris. He told her that her Soldier Boy was being deployed ASAP and would be leaving for Iraq in 2 to 3 weeks. Believe me that is NOT a call you want to witness by webcam or even in person. I have a lot of respect for Brooklyn and Soldier Boy for the sacrifices both of them are making. I wish there could be peace in the world so men like Soldier Boy could be at home with their wives and children and wives like Brooklyn wouldn’t be afraid to answer the phone or the door because of the news it might bring.

I heard the mailman stop at out mailbox this afternoon but I didn’t rush out to get the mail. I mean, why rush out to get a pack of bills and junk mail. Right? About an hour later I finally went out to get it and our brave courageous mailman had left a package on the ground in front of the mailbox because he is too scared to come up to our door because of our

The package turned out to be a box of goodies my daughter had sent us from Germany. And what an awesome box of treats it was! Thanks Brooklyn! There were TONS of chocolates from Germany and even some marzipan in the shape of a pig. And of course she sent Lil Miss some kinder eggs for her birthday along with a few other treats. And for Sonny Boy she sent some music CDs for his birthday. And here I am in the house by myself today with ALL OF THIS CHOCOLATE!!! Gee, what’s a Daisy to do? Hmmmm….

In other news I have spent this hot weekend and hot humid Monday sitting at the computer desk scanning pictures from the scrapbook that Brooklyn had made for her friend. I was supposed to give it back to Timmy’s mother tonight but I think it is going to take me a little longer. And to make matters worse I didn’t have any coffee this morning so I am doing all this on NO CAFFENE! Well, I did have 1 sip of coffee but that’s not enough to get you going. I fell asleep on the sofa this morning while I was drinking my coffee and when I woke up 2 hours later the coffee in my cup was cold and the coffee in the coffee pot was burnt and nasty. Maybe I need to make a starbucks run today?




