
I thought about my daughter, Brooklyn, today as I made some fried green tomatoes. They are one of her favorites. I felt so crappy yesterday because of the medicine I had to take for the heart scan that I swore I would reward myself with some fried green tomatoes today. And I did.

I feel so much better today but I am still having some issues. That crappy medicine they made me take caused me to retain a shitload of fluid and now it hurts to walk because my feet are so swollen. I am a young woman trapped in an old ladies body. Damned genetics.

So my plan is to relax on the sofa all afternoon with an occasional hobble to the kitchen for strawberry shortcake. Everyone knows a little whipped cream makes anything in life just a little bit better.

I suppose things could be worse. Instead of swollen legs and feet I could have a burnt leg like my eldest son. He is trying to put me in an early grave by driving a motorcycle. Rocket Scientist that he is (NOT), he keeps burning his leg on his exhaust pipe accidentally. A couple of weeks ago he got it really good and is still suffering the effects of that one as you can see by the picture. I never said I raised ‘em smart.




