
Summer is officially here it would seem. School has finally ended which is a good thing for the students but bad for people like me. Now I can’t go to an afternoon movie without it being crowded full of kids, or the mall, or grocery, or just about anywhere. Not that I normally go to any of those places during the day, but it was nice to know that I could go to one of those places without it being crowded with lots of screaming kids. Now it’s all full of kids. Damn summer vacation! Although the good news about summer is I don’t have to sit in the carpool line waiting for Lil Miss now. It’s hard to believe but she is officially a first grader now. Sometimes I want to just stop the brakes of time and bring them to a screeching halt because she is growing up far too fast for me. Take for instance her new adornment. Yesterday she had her ears pierced. I can remember not being allowed to get mine pierced until I was 12. Times have changed and so have parents. They are cute earrings though. She choose the cutest pair of green stud earrings. I would have taken a picture of them but this is the one time I didn’t have my camera on me. Just figures doesn’t it?

My eldest son wanted to borrow the Tracker for the day for various reasons so I delivered it to him. That’s when I saw Lil Miss’s cute new pierced ears. The only problem with all of this was I had no way to get home once I delivered the Tracker to him. Therefore the plan was for him to drive me home in the Tracker. I decided I wanted a ride on the back of his motorcycle instead. What a blast! I don’t recommend it for people with bad backs as it was difficult getting on and off and my ankles are still vibrating. But it was a blast! I understand why Lil Miss likes it so much now. I would post a picture of me on the back of his motorcycle but since I am the picture taker in the family I have no one to take pictures of me. That’s the drawback to that! The G-man was quite shocked to see me pull up on the back of a motorcycle. I don’t think he ever pictured in his mind seeing his wife pull up on the back of a Harley. I think he should buy one to drive me around, don’t you? I mean just to save gas, don’t you think? I know, dream on.

After my exciting motorcycle ride I decided I should do something practical like weed my veggie garden. I am ashamed to admit that I probably have more grass in my veggie garden than I do on my front lawn. It’s pathetic. But pictures tell a thousand words so you tell me, can you see the plants through all the grass in the picture above? It’s hard isn’t it?

Odd but my flower beds aren’t a mass of weeds, only the veggie garden. I have never claimed to have a green thumb by any means but it seems to me that each year I get a little worse at this gardening thing. Thank God for Day Lilies. Those things will still be standing after the bomb hits. They are practically indestructible.

Things could be worse, I could have a broken nasty rotten sink and toilet sitting in my front yard for a couple of months (and counting) like a certain self proclaimed faith healer neighbor of mine. Yes, they still are pooping in a bucket and haven’t put a new sink or toilet in. Hell, they haven’t even purchased the new sink and toilet yet. And in the meantime their old sink and toilet have been sitting in their front yard for 2 months now waiting for the garbage guys to pick it up, but the garbage guys never do. Wouldn’t you think that they would figure out by now that the garbage guys aren’t going to pick it up? Granted, they are a little slow but still…
And in other news I have an update from the front lines that I have been meaning to post. Yes, I have news from my daughter in Germany and lots of it. But I will save that for a later post as it is a long and involved story. So stay tuned for a front lines update on Brooklyn. In the meantime, someone come over here and weed my garden for me…pah-leese!




