
If you look up a picture of apes on the internet you will probably see me as lead ape. Have you ever seen the national Geographic channel when they have apes picking bugs off of other apes? Well I am head ape and all the lowly apes are picking my bugs off, or at least my skin. It started with the G-man. I am changing clothes a couple of days ago and he sees my peeling skin from my sunburn. Next thing I know he is ripping the skin off my back. I was a little grossed-out by it but it didn’t hurt so I let him have his fun. Then last night as I am changing shirts Lil Miss sees my peeling skin and squeals “Gwanma I have to pick your dead skin off!” Next thing I know she is peeling off sheets of my skin too. So I am feeling a bit like head ape these days. Am I the only one in the world that doesn’t like peeling skin off of sunburn? I must admit that I have never seen “Silence of the Lambs” so maybe that is why I am not into the skin-peeling thing.

Yesterday afternoon Lil Miss’s mother called me for technical advice on a birthday present she had just purchased for Lil Miss, an iPod. Now Lil Miss won’t be 6 until June 28th but quite honestly I had forgotten that her birthday is so close. I know what she wants from her Auntie Brooklyn from Germany, more Kinder eggs. As to what I will get her I have no clue. You could say I am “clueless” but ya’ll knew that about me anyway. So I decided to go straight to the horses mouth and asked Lil Miss what she would like. This is a new one on me but she wants a desk. Yes, a desk. She wants one like her friend Maddie has which has a drawer that you can put your homework in and your crayons and markers. So I was no better off than before I asked her, I am still clueless. Can you just give a 6 year old cash? I guess I have a month to think about it.
Sonny Boys birthday is a few days after Lil Miss’s on July 2nd. I know what he wants but I can tell you I won’t be buying it for him. He wants a car for his birthday. I would gladly get him one if I could find a deal like Brooklyn got for her first car. But I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Deals like that are rare. She got her first car for $200 from the brother of one of my friends. It lasted her a little over a year. We like to call it her disposable car, because for $200 it is like a bic lighter – disposable. So if anyone knows of any disposable cars out there for $200 I am all ears. Other than that I am thinking maybe an 18 year old would just like a birthday card with cash in it, same as a 6 year old, eh? Cash – it’s the gift that keeps on giving.




