Friday, June 16, 2006
Indulgent Fridays



A sign that you’ve been blogging too much? Last night I had the bloody nose from hell. I mean gallons of blood spurting out. (Probably from a brain tumor) And you know what? For a brief moment I had notions of taking a picture of all the blood that was splattered everywhere. Now here is what I don’t understand – the G-man ran upstairs when he heard me mutter “oh shit” and when he saw the blood pouring out my nose he screamed at me! Yes, he screamed at me! Who the hell screams at someone during a medical emergency? How is that supposed to help? Granted, he screamed “That’s it, I’m taking you to the hospital”. But when I told him no, I just needed a cold wet washcloth he screamed “Don’t be stupid I’m taking you to the hospital”. Excuse me but stupid would be going to the hospital because you have a nose bleed. And by the time he finished freaking out the blood had stopped anyway. The outcome of this? I am now certain that the G-man freaks out at the sight of blood.

I have to clear up some confusion. When I was writing about my medical procedure that I need to have I wasn’t clear about the timeline. It is actually being done next Friday June 23rd. It is on an out patient basis at one of the local hospitals here. It’s actually a minor little thing, just uncomfortable from what I hear.



Since I have been spending most of my time this week at the heart hospital in the various waiting rooms I decided I needed a change of scenery this morning so I went to one of my favorite stores Hobby Lobby. I fell in love with this little desk and this huge organization center they had for little girls. Even at the sale price I wasn’t biting though. But I took pictures so I could show Lil Miss what I “would” have gotten her if I had unlimited funds. So for a mere $250 these two items could be yours too! What a bargain.



Oops, I almost forgot the adorable little chair that you can buy for the desk. It’s extra of course, but what a swell deal.



I did buy myself a few little things while I was in Hobby Lobby today though. I just couldn’t resist. I fell in love with the garden stake below. I haven’t decided which flower garden to put it in or even if I should stick it in my weed infested veggie garden. But it was too cute to pass up. You want it don’t you? I knew you would be jealous of my cute garden sign. Now don’t be a hater.



To top my morning off I had the ultimate “guilty pleasure” lunch. A yummy bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich made with fresh homegrown tomatoes from a local farmers market. All I needed was a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade to top it off with. I settled for a glass of freshly made iced tea with sweet & low in it. I figure the sweet & low in the iced tea would counter-act the calories in the BLT. Sort of like eating a candy bar and washing it down with a diet coke. It’s a scientific fact, one does cancel out the other.



After my BLT I went in the freezer in search of dessert. That’s when it occurred to me that we may have an overindulgence problem. What am I talking about? Look at all the ice creams in my freezer. Ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cones, nestle crunch ice cream bars, strawberry fruit bars, oreo ice cream and butter pecan ice cream. In my defense I am not a big fan of ice cream and prefer to eat it mainly in the winter. My theory is that in the summer it is hot so not only does the ice cream melt all over you but in the heat it curdles in your stomach therefore giving you a tummy ache. But an ice cream sale is an ice cream sale and as long as we drink a diet coke with it we should be fine. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

 
posted by Daisy Mae at 1:41 PM | Permalink |