I have been slowly going insane for the last week. Ever since last Friday when I tried to reinstall my wireless network. I am beginning to hate wireless networks. You know the old saying that if it isn’t broken don’t try to fix it? This is a clear cut case of that. While I should be preparing for vacation I am fiddling with these stupid expensive crappy computers instead. All I want is for my desktop PC to be able to access the internet again. Then I will use my laptop to work on while the rest of the family uses the desktop. I am doing my 2nd reformat of the desktop today. The last reformat kicked back with 55 critical system errors. Not a good thing I assure you.
While I am sitting here waiting for the system restore to finish let me tell you what has been going on here (other than computer problems). We have been having rain and chilly temps every single day for a week. Friday and Saturday were the rainiest, chilliest days of all. Remember how on Sunday night when we got home from dinner at my eldest son’s house there is a call from the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor and she wanted our old doghouse for her new puppy (which had been out in the rain all that time prior)? Well we took the doghouse over there and set it in their driveway. There it sat in the rain until today (Tuesday). Now that the rain has stopped they FINALLY took the doghouse in the backyard for the dog. They stuck the doghouse under their kitchen window though and now the dog stands on top of it and looks in their kitchen window at them. It’s kind of funny actually. What amazes me is the fact that they would even take a 2nd god when they don’t even take care of the one they already had. Hell, they can’t even take care of themselves.
So this Friday we hit the open roads. I can hardly wait. We are so deeply in need of a vacation. I am a little worried about leaving out house though. Sonny Boy is supposed to be staying at my eldest son’s house but today at lunch he asked me if his friend could leave his drums over here since they plan on having band practice here while we are gone. I firmly told him that no one was to be in the house while we were gone. And to further seal the deal you know what I am going to do? I am going to give the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor my cell phone number so she cam call me should she see anything amiss while we are gone. And I tell you, she is one nosy thing so she will definitely call me if she sees anything going on here.
Last night I took a break from this computer mess and went through my summer clothes. Now I am really depressed. Nothing fits! All the shorts and tops I wore last year won’t even zip this year. The scale hasn’t really changed much. I just don’t understand it. Okay, I gained 8 pounds. Now I am a fat beached whale so maybe I shouldn’t go to the beach after all, someone might harpoon me. Next week if you hear on the news about a whale washing up on the shores of Myrtle beach, don’t worry, it’s just me.
The good part about gaining weight is that you get to go shopping and but new clothes for your vacation. The bad part is that you have to buy your new clothes a size larger. And then there is the five pounds that you always seem to gain while on vacation. Maybe I should buy my new clothes two sizes larger?
By the way, if you would like to be added to my postcard list just drop me an email and I’ll send you a naughty postcard from somewhere in South Carolina next week. Just email me and give me your address.
Wednesday Update:
Here I sit in an internet café blogging because my DSL is a damned horror. I can’t begin to ell you the new curse words I have created over the last several days. Last night I told my eldest son to come and get the desktop computer because I was going to throw it out the window. So he is now the owner of my desktop PC and I am sure he won’t have a bit of trouble with it. Now my goal is to get my home DSL up and running when I get back from vacation. I am not going to waste anymore of my time prior to vacation on the mess. I have been spending entire days and evenings messing with this crud. It has consumed my life. The faith healer neighbor told me last night that we have a demon in our house and that is why I am having such a hard time with my computers right now. O-K-A-Y….. I guess that would explain it. And here I was thinking I merely needed to update a driver. Okay….




