Tuesday, May 30, 2006
A Tribute To Anne Pusch



I read an email today that broke my heart and filled me with sadness. I have a wonderful friend in Alberta Canada and his mom passed away on May 25, 2006. Her name is Anne Pusch. I couldn’t tell her you her lineage since it has been so long since she told it to me. But she was from Cologne Germany and survived WWII. She has had much sorrow in her life, but much joy as well. I spent some time with her in 1992 and even though I have not seen her since 1992 it has always been my intention to return to Calgary and introduce the G-man to her. I know he would be fascinated by her life and her life stories.

Anne had a funny side too. One minute she would be telling me heart wrenching stories from her days in Germany in WWII such as riding the train to Austria while Americans and RAF were bombing the train or her young daughter drinking poison from the potting shed. And then the next minute she would be teasing me and making me turn beet red with embarrassment as we all laughed. She had an excellent sense of humor. I remember her dragging me to Bingo with her and the next thing I knew I loved the game and couldn’t wait to play again. And it didn’t hurt that I won $35 either! I won’t say what she did to embarrass me in the store that her friend owned but Gunter, her son, knows as I have told him the tale and I am sure he could see his mom doing that. It was funny.

She was most importantly a kind person with a heart of gold and I shall never forget her. I am very fortunate to have known her and blessed for the time I spent with her. God bless you Anne, I know you are safe in his arms. I’ll see you again someday my friend.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:41 AM | Permalink |