Thursday, May 11, 2006
Rainy Days and Yard Sales

Can you believe it, it’s raining! And the forecast for the next 2 days is rain. This is a bad thing considering I am holding a yard sale for the next 2 days. So I have come up with a plan B. Plan B is to hold the sale next weekend if this one turns out to be a washout. That would mean another week of junk in the garage and on the side of the house. I don’t know if I could stand it! Last night the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor came over to dump some of her nasty crud in my garage. I honestly have to say I don’t think any of her stuff will sell. First off the items she brought over were nasty and smelly with dust and dirt all over it all and secondly she is pricing herself right out of the ballpark. She brought over this wooden shelf that goes behind a toilet tank and suffered from wood rot. She priced that at $10. I wouldn’t pay $1 for it, much less $10. Then there were the old rotten well used tennis shoes that she had probably bought from a yard sale in the first place. Those she priced at $3 a pair. And she told me that she will be bringing more things over tonight as well as more things on Friday night. I don’t know why she is bringing things over on Friday night when the sale is scheduled for Friday morning. You want me to take some pictures of her nasty crap don’t you? Are you sure you can stomach it? Okay, I’ll take some pictures tonight as we set up, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. In the meantime, below are one of the pairs of used tennis shoes that she thinks she is going to get $3 for.


Well, it’s official, I am the infamous Gwanma Daisy, known to one and all. Yesterday afternoon I went to pick up Lil Miss 20 minutes early from school. I went into the school office and told them I was here to pick up my granddaughter. When I told them her name one of the gals said, “Oh you must be Grandma Daisy, we have heard a lot about you.” What??? I didn’t have the nerve to ask, but I wonder what exactly they have heard about me? I can only imagine some of the things Lil Miss could tell about me. She could have told them that I am the Gwanma that plays Barbie’s with her and pretends that they are Texas Floozies. Or she could have told them that I am the Gwanma that cusses out all of the other drivers on the road in German and even taught her to say “Dumpkoff”. Oh the things Lil Miss could tell. It’s probably a good thing that school is almost over for the year.

I have to dash now and go to the bank to get change for this yard sale fiasco. It would seem that I am the only one who has thought of the little things like newspaper ads, signs and change. What would they all do without me? But the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor is doing her part. What is her part? Well, it seems that her part is to pray for dry weather. Yes, she actually told me that she was going to take care of that for us. You know what that means don’t you? It means we will have torrential downpours for the next 2 days. And then after she told me that she would be praying for dry weather she told me she had to run off to church because last night was free dinner at church night. I told her I though Wednesday nights were pitch-in night at her church for dinner. She said it is, but that she doesn’t bring a dish so it is free dinner night for her and her family and she never misses it. I asked her why she doesn’t bring a dish. Are you ready for this? Are you sure? She said – “I am a busy woman. Those woman that don’t work should be the ones cooking for those of us who do work, so I never bring a dish.” I can only imagine what people in that church must think of them.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 11:56 AM | Permalink |