Thursday, May 18, 2006
My Neighbor the Prophet



What’s the price of having your local self proclaimed faith healer neighbor pray over your computer and have it subsequently work correctly? Lunch at your local Chinese buffet. Fortunately for me (since I was paying) it was the most inexpensive buffet I have ever been to. That wasn’t good news for my stomach though because quite often you get what you pay for if you know what I mean. I love all types of Asian food enormously but today’s luncheon buffet may have put me off of Asian food for the rest of my life. And if I want to know how long the rest of my life will be I merely have to talk to the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor.

Yes the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor has a new sideline. She is learning to prophesize. It is a program they are teaching in her church every Wednesday night. And lucky me, I get to be her first guinea pig. She wanted to come over tonight after dinner and lay hands on me to foretell my future. How this is different from when she lays hands on me to faith heal I don’t know. With all this hand laying on business that she keeps wanting to do to me I am beginning to get a little worried. I am beginning to wonder if she doesn’t just want to feel me up. I guess if she tells me she is prophesizing that I will be getting breast cancer so wants to lay hands on my breasts to heal them before they get sick, well then I will know she is just after a quick feel. Fortunately after dinner I made a quick retreat to the store and hung out there for a couple of hours so I guess we won’t know what my prophecy is until after I get back from vacation. I’m sure you can tell I’m all torn up about it.

By the way, the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor insisted on driving us to lunch. I thought it odd that she would be so insistent on driving when the only door that works in her mini van is the passenger door. So she had to climb over the passenger seat to get to the drivers seat. And then when we got to the restaurant she had to climb out the same way she had got in. It was a little embarrassing. Maybe she should use some of that faith healing on her minivan doors, eh?



I am all packed and ready to head south. The G-man has his clothing neatly folded and set at the foot of our bed in piles but for some reason they haven’t made it into the suitcase and now he is downstairs watching TV. He will eventually put it in a suitcase when he goes to bed tonight around midnight. He is an over-packer too. I am normally a light packer because I figure if I forget something that gives me a reason to go shopping. I love shopping in new towns. I can hardly wait till tomorrow when we hit the open road. The G-man is working until noon, then after a quick bite of lunch we hit the open road. He gets the easy part in the morning – going to work. As for myself I have to check all of my lists to make sure we packed everything, buy a bag of ice for the cooler, ice down some bottles of water and my insulin, take the dog to the boarder, take Sonny Boy and his suitcases to his older brothers house, make sure all the windows are shut and locked, do a last load of laundry of the towels and washcloths and sheets we used so we don’t some home to rancid washcloths and sheets and such, make sure the breakfast and lunch dishes are washed dried and put away, and I am sure there are a few other things I will need to do but you get the idea. The G-man will be leaning back in his comfy chair at work at his desk sipping coffee and I’ll be running around like a madwoman. So it is safe to say this will be my last post before hitting the open road. My next post may be in Asheville North Carolina tomorrow night or it may be in Charleston South Carolina on Saturday. But either way I’ll post a few vacation pictures and let ya’ll know how the vacation is going and how the G-man’s driving got on my nerves.



And don’t forget, it’s not too late to get on my postcard list. If you would like a naughty little postcard from down South just email me your address. And Jules, be sure to call me as soon as you become a Grandma. Tell Lindsay I’m thinking about her! Happy trails ya’ll!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 9:44 PM | Permalink |