Sunday, May 28, 2006
Let The Peeling begin



Its hard to believe that this time last week we were still in Charleston SC. I miss it. I am still suffering the effects of Myrtle Beach SC however which is why I haven’t been on the computer much. Now the peeling has begin. Who knew I had that much skin on me to peel off? Yuk! This sun poisoning kicked my ass big time. And I am still running a fever so one minute buckets of sweat will be pouring off of me and the next minute I will be shivering with cold chills. I hate this evil diabetes, I hate it! Damn you diabetes!



To finish up what we did on our vacation though I will start with the drive from Myrtle Beach SC to Wilmington NC. We are driving along with the windows down and suddenly we heard this BEEP-BEEP-BEEPING next to us. I look out my window and there is an old lady with about 4 teeth in her head in a beat up older Sunbird and she has a rather embarrassed looking teenage girl in the passenger seat. The woman yells out KOKOMO! I smile and nod and yell back INDIANAPOLIS and then she drives off passing us. As she passed us we saw that she had North Carolina license plates on her car. O.K.A.Y.



As we get to Wilmington I notice the Battleship North Carolina and I ask the G-man to turn around so we can tour it. I don’t know why, it was just one of those spur of the moment things. As he is touring it you can tell he was thinking about his father and what his father must have experienced when he was on his ship in World War II. It’s weird too because in our hotel in Charleston they were having a reunion of a battleship and all these old dudes were sitting around at breakfast reminiscing. One old guy came in to breakfast wearing his white sailors uniform and the G-man got tears in his eyes. We talked then about trying to find out more information on his father and his Naval experiences. You see the G-man’s father died when the G-man was 13 months old. He died of a heart problem when he was the same age that I am now. So that’s another reason the G-man is worried about my upcoming open heart surgery. Back to the battleship North Carolina though. When we were touring it under decks I got a creepy feeling, but when we went into the surgery area I freaked out and had to leave. I don’t know how to explain it but I could feel the horror somehow. Death was in the air is all I can say. So I went and sat in an area outside of the gift shop while the G-man finished touring it. Later as we exited through the gift shop I saw a big book titled “The Ghosts of the Battleship North Carolina.” I guess that would explain the creepy feeling I had.



After the Battleship we drove into downtown Wilmington to get some lunch (even though it was 3:00PM). After we ate lunch we went next door to the coffee shop. I spoted a picture of Katie Holmes on the wall and I asked the gal behind the counter if the picture was there because Katie frequented that coffee shop when she was filming Dawson Creek in Wilmington. She told me that Katie came in almost every day and that her apartment was across the street. So in the picture above is the coffee shop (which had coffee that was a zillion times better than a certain well known coffee store) and below is the picture of Katie’s apartment. Her apartment was on the 2nd floor.



After we leave Wilmington we go to get gas and that is when the G-man discovers that his debit card is missing. I called the banks automated number to hear the recent transactions and we were off by about $700 so I freaked out. I called and had his card reported as stolen. Later when we got home I researched the false charges deeper and discovered that the $700 discrepancy was because the hotel in Charleston had charged us for our hotel stay 3 times! I called those morons and they said that they accidentally charged us twice but took the 2nd charge off. I told them you may have tried to take it off but you actually ran it again! This gal was an idiot though so I had to call my bank manager and get her to fix the problem. That hotel chain is going to get a nasty letter from me!



In a way it is good to be home but I wish we were on vacation still. I miss being on vacation. Boo hoo. And you know, since we have been home we haven’t heard a word out of the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. I missed as really pissed her off last Sunday night when she called me. Too bad.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 1:28 PM | Permalink |