
Even though I am uploading this on Thursday morning from a hotel room in Hickory N.C. it is actually about Sunday and Monday in Charleston S.C. which was our last day in that lovely city. I had no idea that Charleston had so much to offer. If you ever get a chance to tour Charleston I highly recommend you do it. My only regret was that we didn’t have more time there. Above is one of the lovely tree lined streets near the battery section of Charleston. Actually this section is the rich folks section which is South of broad street. So the locals affectionately called the folks that live in this section S.O.B.’s (South of Broad).

Sunday morning we went shopping at a lovely outdoor market in the historic district. It was a shoppers Mecca. Then we went on a tour of the historic area by the battery in a horse drawn carriage.

I can’t begin to tell you how interesting the tour was. It was a little pricey but worth every penny. Our tour guide was one of those locals who loved telling visitors all the local gossip about which Confederate general slept with all the local married ladies when their soldiers were out of town and such. I love a tour guide that tells you all the good dirt. There was a draw-back to the carriage tour though. It seems that a horse drawn carriage ride on a bumpy cobblestone street is not so good for your back. So on Monday morning when I woke up I was in a great deal of pain and was having such a hard time walking that I regretted not bringing my walker (or at least my cane). And yes, I have a walker at home. That is such an embarrassing thing to admit unless you are 60 or over (which I am not by a long shot).

Sunday night about 10;30 the G-man and I are sitting in the hotel room chilling and the cell phone rings. I didn’t recognize the number so I picked it up. You’ll never guess who it was. The self proclaimed faith healer neighbor! No shit! She wanted to tell me she was keeping an eye on the house for me and had even been walking around the house and looking in the windows but she couldn’t see anything. She had a “feeling” something was going to be going on there on Friday night but she couldn’t see anything or anyone there and she even looked in the garage windows. She said that they probably did have a party but with the lights out and everyone sneaking in and out and being really quiet so no one would hear them. WTF? And she said that Sunday afternoon they saw a police car drive down the street so she thinks they were checking out my house even though they didn’t stop or slow down in front of my house. I was getting pretty pissed by that point and was sick of hearing her mindless babble so I told her she woke me up and I had to go back to sleep. She said “Oh, okay, I just knew you would be wanting to know I haven’t been able to catch Sonny Boy doing anything yet, but I’ll keep trying.” Seriously, WTF? Enough of her though.
Monday afternoon we had a late lunch at the Shem Creek Bar and Grill, yet another wonderful Charleston seafood restaurant before leaving town. The seafood in Charleston was the best we had the entire trip. Our last seafood meal in Charleston was she crab soup. We had never had that before. It is a lovely creamy concoction full of chunks of blue crab that they serve with a small bottle of sherry that you sprinkle in your soup. This stuff just melted in your mouth let me tell you!

Outside of town we went to the Drayton Hall Plantation and toured it. It was a nice tour and I would love to show you the pictures but somehow they were deleted from my digital camera. I don’t know how am I am not mentioning names of the electronically challenged. So I used a pic from the Drayton Hall website. Go online and check Drayton Hall out though.
Now we are going to nosh at the breakfast bar and then probably hit the road so I will finish our vacation adventures later. And let me tell you there are some adventures that’s for sure. And tons of pictures. I am even going to post a picture of lobster boobs. (That would be mine actually) so you don’t want to miss that. See ya in a few hours!




