
How to spend a Memorial Day when you haven’t had the foresight to plan a BBQ with your friends? Go car shopping. 6 hours later we drove out with a 2005 Pathfinder which has so many bells and whistles that it would make your head spin. This thing even has a DVD player in the back for the people in the backseat to watch movies.

The G-man wanted to have this spiffy red Nissan Z but I put the hammer on that one pretty quick.

Do you remember the story of how the G-man dented our Mountaineer the day after Christmas when we took his mother and sister to the airport so they could fly home? I didn’t have the heart to post a picture of the dent at the time because it broke my heart so bad. But here it is in all it’s glory. It cost us $1200 off the trade in but since the wheel bearings need to be fixed I think we did pretty damned good on the trade in. We got the Kelly Blue book value for good condition for our Mountaineer so I was pleased.

Other than that we are eating BBQ this weekend that the G-man smoked on his smoker yesterday. Nothing like a good pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw to make your Memorial Day a good one.
Now if you’ll excuse me I am going to go back to laying on the sofa and watching war movies the Classic Movie cannel. I was pretty bummed to watch the one yesterday which showed how we lost Wake Island in WWII and further bummed this morning when I watched our boys all get killed as they lost Batann. But I am not feeling as discouraged now that I found out we went back to Batann and kicked their asses. Now John Wayne is somewhere is the South Pacific that I can’t seem to pronounce. My country depends on me to watch you know. It’s my patriotic duty. Happy Memorial day!




