
I used to think I was a half way intelligent computer geek. Now though I know for sure that I am merely a half-wit. Yes, I am a blithering idiot when it comes to setting up wireless Internet connections. The buckets of money that my last job spent on me to send me to Microsoft classes to get my MCP were a waste for them and me. I should have known that by spending my evenings in class doing net-sends of dirty jokes to classmates and figuring out the various Easter eggs in FreeCell that allowed mw to win each and every time I was really doing myself a disservice. Well it’s too late to change that now. By the way, if you want to know how to win at FreeCell every time let me know and I’ll share the secret with you. If there is anyone in the Indiana area that has this devil called 2wire through SBC drop me an email so I can have you setup my internet connections. I set up the stupid 2wire and in the process it hogged my wireless connections and won’t let me use any other wireless connections like in coffee houses and such. It’s so much of a nightmare that I won’t even go into it. I did order a new router though since the 2wire is older technology (2 years old). Why do computer geeks always have the worst computer problems? And the shoemaker’s children have no shoes.

By the way, Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there and I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way either. Sort of sounds that way when you word it like that doesn’t it? Seriously though, what would we do without mothers. And being one myself I am rather fond of them. Speaking of mothers, did ya’ll know that Jules little girl is about to become a first time mommy? I can remember when Lindsay was just a little girl playing with Barbie’s. They grow up so quick. What a perfect day it would be for her to have her little boy on mother’s day. So Jules just have Lindsay take a couple of tablespoons of cod liver oil and ride on some bumpy roads. No, wait, that didn’t work for me when I was pregnant so I guess it won’t work for her either.
My mothers day started off with the sweetest call I have ever had in my life. I was getting out of the shower this morning when I heard the phone ring. I didn’t make it in time but the caller left the sweetest message. It was Lil Miss and her message said “Gwanma I’m calling to tell you Happy birf-day and I hope you have a good mufhers day gwanma because I wuf you!” I saved the message. It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I think I’ll play the message whenever I have a bad day just so I can remember the most important things in life are someone to say “Gwanma I wuf you!”

For Mothers Day my eldest son cooked dinner for his girlfriend and myself. Well actually he cooked it for everyone, but in honor of his girlfriend and me. He made London broil and corn on the cob on the grill and the G-man’s famous roasted potatoes and carrots in the oven. Before my eldest son called to invite us to dinner the G-man had planned on smoking baby back ribs for me for mothers day dinner. So we decided to go full steam ahead and just take them along with us. And even though it was mothers day and I shouldn’t have lifted a finger I did anyway and made a nice tossed salad with a lovely homemade vinaigrette. It was a nice dinner and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. They are just about settled in their new house and it is shaping up quite nicely. I took the liberty of snapping a few pictures and suddenly I was accused of being a Japanese tourist. I can’t help it that I am trying to get my moneys worth out of my camera equipment by using it often.

Click on above picture to enlarge
When we got home there was a message on our answering machine from the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. I don’t know how in the hell she got our phone number but I’m not happy about it. What did she want? She wanted the G-man to bring our old dog house over for her new dog. This poor dog has been outside in the pouring rain since last Thursday and now she suddenly decided it needs some shelter. Don’t even get me going on that woman. Some people have no business with pets especially when they can’t even take care of themselves. And speaking of the faith healer, remember how I promised to take some pictures of her yard sale junk? Below is a picture of a couple of the dolls she was trying to sell for a mere $10 each. Dude I wouldn’t even pay 50 cents for one of these dolls. Would you? And this was some of the nicest stuff she had in the yard sale.

And now I need to get this uploaded to my blog because I have quite a long day tomorrow that I need t prepare for. Tomorrow I am going to whip this internet thing and get my internet connection corrected on my desktop computer as well as fine tuning the wireless connection on the laptop. If you never hear from me again you will know that my plan backfired and the computers whipped my ass.




