
Click on image to enlarge
I'm all washed up today. Or at least my yard sale was. It was washed out yesterday as well. We were so well prepared too. On Thursday night the G-man and I put up our EZ-Up canopy in the event that we might have a few intermitent sprinkles. Then we took great care in placing the delicate items on the table tops and the heavier items underneath the tables. After we got the tables prepared we covered them all with tarps and moved onto the bikes and larger toys. G-man arranged the bikes neatly in a row next to the two huge playhouses and the little tikes treehouse. The only casualty was the health rider which we have had in our storage shed for the last 8 years. Apparently the handle rusted so when the G-man picked up the heavy healthrider by the handlebars they broke off. I told him to just put a sign on it saying it was free and some poor sap would take it off our hands. After we got everything set up and covered with tarps the rains changed from light sprinkles to a torrential downpour. I still had faith though. When I woke up on Friday morning I knew it was a lost cause though. So we just stacked everything neaty in tbe garage and storage shed and plan to have the yard sale 3 or 4 weeks from now after we get back from our vacation.
Friday morning after the G-man went to work at 8am I layed on the sofa to catch a few zzz's since I had been up late the night before and had gotten up at 5 am. I wasn't laying down more than 5 minutes when there was a knock on the door. Guess who? Yup, the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor was knocking at the door. She was shocked to find that I wasn't outside in the rain trying to sell her nasty junk. When I told her no one would be coming in the rain she scoffed and said that the true yard salers would come out rain or shine. Funny but she wasn't offering to sit out in the rain with her junk. She did ask me to keep watching out the window to make sure that no one stoler her bikes. I guess it never occured to he that she may want to take her nasty junk home instead of leaving it cluttering up my garage.
And since it was a rainy day yesterday (and today too for that matter) I decided I would totally screw up my desktop computer. yes, I have really done it this time. I tried to install that wireless network again but to no avail. So there is no internet connetion on the desktop computer now. I am havig to use my new laptop to blog on, which I don't really mind. I must say though, it is quite the adjustment to go from a desktop computer to a laptop. The main problem is the keyboard. Things are placed differently too. I still havn't been able to figure out how to do a print screen on this thing which is sad because I am one of those weird people that does a print sceen option quite often. But soon I will be as comfortable with my laptop as I was with my desktop. at least that is what I keep telling myself. Now, where to find the time. and the sad thing is I haven't installed all of my programs on my laptop yet either. I know, what am I waiting for, the Christmas rush? In the meantime I think I will spend my afternoon getting the rest of the yard sale junk put away and taking some pictures of the self proclaimed faith healer neightbors




