
The above picture is further evidence that you can get anything you want in Indy. That’s a local nursery not far from our house. Reminds me of the time that they had a sale on clocks at the place where the G-man works. They put a huge marquee outside to announce the clock sale. The neighborhood ruffians had a ball with that one. No pun intended if you know what I mean.

It’s no secret that I am a brittle diabetic and therefore insulin dependant. I take 2 different kinds of insulin, a short acting one and a long acting one. I take the long acting insulin just at night. But I take the short acting insulin prior to eating. Even if it is just a cracker I have to take a needle. And since I like to eat a lot therefore I take a lot of needles. I get my short acting insulin in 4 month batches. Fortunately I don’t have a co-pay on that type. Somehow someone made an error in calculating my insulin usage because last night when I went to pick up my insulin they gave me 15 vials! That’s a years worth of that type of insulin to me. I’m not complaining though. Just means a few less trips to the drug store this year. Seriously though, wouldn’t you have thought someone would have picked up on the fact that this may be too much insulin for one person to take in 4 months?

We have been busy little bees this weekend. Far too busy to blog in fact. You see, 5 years ago we remodeled our family room. We chose the ugliest wallpaper known to man. I don’t know why we chose that wallpaper, maybe we were drunk at the time. Who knows? The fact remains however, it was butt-ugly wallpaper. It was expensive butt-ugly wallpaper though. Now it’s just a bad dream, or almost. We have been stripping wallpaper all weekend. It’s not a fun job I assure you and it’s not an easy job either. Then comes the painting which will be another not so fun weekend. But whatever it takes to get rid of that butt-ugly wallpaper I’m all for it!

I talked to my daughter today. Soldier Boy has the next 2 weeks off so they are going to tour around Germany for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow they are going to a castle nearby. I am so jealous as I have always wanted to tour a castle. I’d even put my fear of ghosts on the back burner in order to visit a castle. Brooklyn and Soldier Boy are still waiting for their DSL line to be hooked up. Apparently is takes some time to get that sort of thing done where they live in Schweinfurt. I encouraged her to find an Internet café or at least a coffee shop that has complimentary wireless. I don’t know if they have that sort of thing in Germany but they do here in Indiana. I would certainly think they would have that sort of thing there. I’ll have to ask
Margaret, she would know. And in other news Booger, my daughters pug, has decided he is strictly an English speaking doggie. Whenever someone speaks to him in German he growls and barks. But when they speak in English he is perfectly fine. Isn’t that weird?