Monday, April 17, 2006
Tax Day Sucks


I hope everyone had a good Easter. Now that the fun is over, the hell begins – tax day. (barf) Once again we had to pay additional monies to State at tax time so I have to say today sucks. Today sucks in more ways than that too. For instance I was on the phone with SBC DSL support form 11:45AM until 3PM today trying to get my issues with the wireless network I was trying to install resolved. Why the F—K is everything outsourced to India now days? And why the F—K can’t support people LISTEN to what the customer is saying? Now I used to so software support and I have my MCP so I am no dummy when it comes to networks and computers. SO I knew that emptying my cookies wouldn’t fix it. I also knew that rebooting wouldn’t fix it. All that time on the phone with those bozos and they made things worse. I ended up having to uninstall everything and reinstall. Never trust SBC DSL support, they are dumb-arses!



There is so much to tell about things that have been going on and so many pictures to share. First was the project the G-man did for me on Saturday. I knew if I nagged enough I could get him to do it. I have been waiting 10 years for him to finish enclosing my back patio garden with a small retaining wall and he finally did it yesterday. It did come at some expense however. The silly man insisted on working out in the hot sun without a shirt on. Keep in mind that this is the first time this season that he has been out in the sun (since we haven’t had any) so he burnt to a crisp. I have never seen him so red before. It’s a funny sunburn too as he had his back to the sun so only the back of him burnt. I think he should at least lay out in the sun today so his front will match his back.



G-man got my garden plot done just in time because flowers are starting to bloom all over the Daisy compound. I don’t remember the names of most of what I planted but they sure do look cute. I am always so amazed whenever something I planted grows because I have the exact opposite of a green thumb. In fact plants start to die when they see me coming. And it’s a shame because I love gardening, I’m just not very good at it.



The lovely garden scene in the picture above? Yes, that is actually growing by my mailbox and no it’s not plastic. The day lilies were planted by the people who used to live in our house and the other flowery thingys were planted by my daughter a couple of years ago (who DOES have a green thumb).



While the G-man was hard at work on my garden I was hard at work getting Lil Miss’s old toys together for the yard sale I hope to have in a few weeks. This is only a small portion of her things, which we hope to sell. And we still have a storage shed full of out own junk that we want to get rid of not to mention the junk at my eldest son’s house that he wants to bring over for the yard sale. Meanwhile my tiny garage is the staging area for the yard sale fiasco. There is a reason why I don’t have yard sales and this would be it. I try to keep thinking about all of that junk I am going to be getting rid of though.



Easter dinner was a rousing success thanks to the Jello eggs I made. Lil Miss, my eldest son, his girlfriend and her 2 kids came to dinner. It was a huge feast as usual. In case you haven’t figured it out we don’t do anything small. G-man even made a homemade coconut cake with the yummiest 7-minute frosting. The frosting was Paula Deens recipe and I can’t begin to say enough good things about that recipe. Yum, yum, yum! The kids were too busy chowing down on the jello eggs to care much about things as mundane as ham and coconut cake.



After dinner we went across the street to feed the poor mangy horse and mule carrots. The kids enjoyed it except for the girlfriend’s daughter. She was scared to death anytime the horse would make a noise or walk over towards her. And since she had carrots in her hands the horse was all over her and not about to leave her alone. Actually I thought it was kind of funny, but then again I’m a cruel bitch. In fact right after I snapped the picture above the horse made a sound and the daughter jumped 10 feet and started bawling in fear. Lil Miss just sort of looked at her like “Dude, you’re not serious are you?” What can I say, I have her in training to be a mini-me…only taller.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 9:46 PM | Permalink |