
My oven has been broken all week. You would think I wouldn’t have to cook but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. I merely cooked everything on the stovetop and bypassed the oven. I didn’t think our stove was old until I stopped to think about it. When we bought our house in 1996 we purchased all new appliances. So I still think of them as being new. But honestly a ten year old stove is not new. This is the 2nd time that oven has broken. We think it is the same problem as the last time, a faulty ignition. Don’t buy a stove from Sears is all I have to say. And you don’t realize how much you use your oven until you can’t. I have been wanting to make baked potatoes with dinner every night. Once I get it fixed I won’t have a desire for baked potatoes anymore you know. And why is it that I have been dying to get in the kitchen and bake this week? It’s a Murphy’s law thing. Damn that Murphy! The appliance repair dude is coming tomorrow morning sometime between 8am and noon. I absolutely hate the way repair people give you such a wide range of time in when they may arrive. You know if you leave at 8:15am they will arrive at 8:30. Yet if you stay at home the whole morning they will not arrive until 11:45am. I think it is a power thing and they like holding you captive.

I discovered something disturbing about my new laptop last night. It doesn’t have a floppy disk drive. WTF? My mother’s Gateway computer (which is a desktop) came without a floppy drive also. Now that was just wrong in my opinion. Every desktop computer should have a floppy drive. I was a little surprised to find that my laptop doesn’t have a floppy drive though. Don’t people use the 3.5 floppies anymore? Is everyone using CDs to store all of their media? I am undecided if I should take it back and purchase one that does have a 3.5 floppy drive or if I should just lump it and keep this one. So what about all of the laptop users out there, do ya’ll have a 3.5 floppy drive on your laptop?

We are still making plans for our beach getaway. The G-man has come up with an idea of doing a driving trip instead of flying somewhere. Since Sonny Boy is going with us airfare for 3 people could be pricey. But look at the price of gas now. How much pricier could airfare be than gas? We have decided to possibly drive to Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Nags Head North Carolina (and of course Okracoke Island) then heading up to Asheville North Carolina to the Biltmore Mansion and maybe even taking a side trip back home on the drive back. So if any of you live in or around any of those areas or have tourist info on those areas I would love to hear what you think we should see and what cool things there are to do in those areas. I hope the ocean temps will be warm enough to swim in. The whole purpose of the trip was so I could lay on a sunny beach somewhere and take a dip in the ocean. Where I come from (The coastal section of Maryland) the ocean doesn’t warm up until August really and even then you turn into one big goosebump when you jump in the surf. If Charleston and Myrtle Beach are going to have ocean temps like that then I am just going to have to put my foot down and insist on going back to Key West (Although not Pearls Rainbow Hideaway). Sometimes a gal just has to put her foot down, you know what I mean? And fortunately I seem to be good at that. Tee-hee.