
Lil Miss received a handmade card from her Auntie Brooklyn (my daughter) and it even included a 20 cent euro coin. Auntie Brooklyn has been sending euro’s in different denominations with every card and letter that she sends to Lil Miss. Of course Lil Miss thinks this is great and is already planning on things she is going to buy when she visits her Auntie Brooklyn in Germany. Yesterday she wanted to make her Auntie a card to send to her. There was no way I was going to let her go rummaging through my card making supplies…again…so I promised her we could make a card today and I would put together some supplies for her when she gets here after school. Lil Miss comes from a long line of artistic females so it is in her blood.
I wrote the paragraph above this morning. After I wrote it I suddenly had a rush of hotheaded blood to the brain and decided I had taken all I was going to take with this Sonny Boy shit. So I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door. The first thing I did was to go to his place of employment. I talked to the manager and explained that he had not been home in over a week so he was a runaway. The manager confirmed that he had been coming into work. He gave me the address of the co-worker that Sonny Boy was supposedly living with and the boys phone number. I drove to the house and no one was there. (Brooklyn you’ll be surprised to know that it was a block from P.F.O.M.) So I then proceeded to call the number. The boy’s mother answered. I explained who I was and who my son was and the situation. She was shocked and said that yes he had been staying there for the last week but he told her that he was 24 and that we had kicked him out of the house. I let her in on the truth of the matter. She said she would have him call me. He called me all right, just as I was pulling up to the police station.
He was immediately defensive and quite rude. I told him he had to come home or I had no choice but to report him as a runaway. He started yelling again. This time I started yelling back and I was driving erratically trying to park the car in front of the police station so finally I just stopped it in the middle of the street. Next thing you know a cop car pulls up behind me with the lights on and orders me to stay in the car. So I have a cop in one ear and Sonny Boy in the other ear. I finally screamed at Sonny Boy that he had to come home now because I was talking to a police man and I was fed up with this crap, then I hung up. I explained the situation to the policeman and he gave me some valuable insight as to what I should do with an out of control teenager and also what my rights and liabilities were. So I decided that since he will be 18 soon he can live with this boy if he chooses and be on his own. I wash my hands of him. I called the boys mother and told her that he has my permission to stay there. Later on I talked to Sonny Boy calmly about this and everything is straightened out now and he even stopped by and picked up several suitcases. Seriously if he thinks it is any easier out in the real world then all the power to him. I have bent over backwards for that boy since he ran away from his abusive father last spring and I am at my limit. No one could have done any more or tried any harder than G-man and I did. We went above and beyond. I can’t begin to tell you how betrayed and hurt I feel over how inconsiderate and ungrateful Sonny Boy is. But you know what that is his problem and I am not going to let him control my life by ruining my day!

I will however let something else ruin my day. And it was turning out to be a good afternoon. I took Lil Miss out for an ice cream cone after school so that always makes for a good day. We had taken the “Tractor” and had the top down on it. It was a beautiful sunny day and we were enjoying being one with nature, driving topless with the sun beating down on us as the breeze whipped through our hair. It was a glorious day to be alive. What could possibly ruin an afternoon like that? Well…

When we came home we decided to play in the yard. First we got one of her playground balls out and played with that. Then we thought it might be a good idea to get the hose out and water some flowers. We decided to take a walk around the different gardens first to see if any of them really did need watering. The first (and last) plot we checked was the one on the side of the house. This plot has a variety of bulbs and requires little to no maintenance. I merely pluck weeds every now and then. So I bend down to get a closer look at the soil to see if it is dry…and…I…saw…IT! I froze and screamed my head off. Then I took off running, leaving Lil Miss back in the dust. She took off running after me without really knowing why. It was the biggest snake I have ever seen in real person. In describing it to G-man and my eldest son they thought it was a ball python. I looked on the internet and I think….sigh…they may be….gulp…right. Obviously someone had it as a pet and decided they didn’t want it anymore. Oh lucky me. I think I’ll be having a great time shut in my




