Wednesday, April 12, 2006
The Joys of Spring


I have to say, the shade of Easter egg blue that is on my fingers matches my pink nail polish quite well. I love it when I am color coordinated! Lil Miss and I dyed Easter eggs yesterday as well as ourselves. We cracked only one egg and that was after it was hard boiled so we merely ate it. Lil Miss was concerned about the safety of eating Easter eggs. She didn’t realize that you could eat them after you had dyed them. It’s hard to believe that this is the same little girl that ate so many dyed hard coiled eggs last Easter that she smelled like a rotten egg (in more ways than one). How soon they forget.



I was so proud of myself last Spring. I planted several tulips that were already in bloom. I planted some in ne of the front flower beds and some in the back flower beds and even a few in the flower beds on the side of the house. I have a lot of flower beds. I thought it odd that only 2 of them came up this year in the front flower bed. I knew I had planted 8 in that bed alone. Then…today…I saw it. The hole where the tulip bulb USED to be. Whatever horrible creature ate the bulb also chewed the tulip leaves off! This means WAR! Oh it’s on baby, it’s on for sure! At first I though cat. But then common sense prevailed and I realized I am probably dealing with a mole. If anyone has any ideas on warfare against this pesky little creature I am all ears!

And in other news I don't know if you recall last summer and my moaning about how the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor cut their back yard only 3 times the entire season but if you do you'll get the irony in this. Our lovely fine upstanding neighbors (the same ones who couldn't afford to have gas heat last winter so they went without heat for 2 months) hired someone to cut their grass. Not only the front yard but the back as well. I was beginning to think that they had won the lottery until I spoke with Ms. Self Proclaimed Faith Healer and she bragged how she got someone from their church to do it for free. The church member has a lawn care service so once she learned that she was all over him with her hard luck story of how she didn't have time to cut the grass since she recently returned from a missionary trip (aka free vacation on the church's dime) to Jamaica. Just further proof that there is a sucker born every minute. And thus a leech like my self proclaimed faith healer neighbor ready to take advantage of aforementioned sucker. It's called survival of the fittest. I saw it on the animal planet channel I think.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 2:53 PM | Permalink |