
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – whoever put that curse on me needs to take it off! Something as simple as going to Walmart isn’t without incident. Last night the G-man and I decided to take a topless drive in the Tracker since it was such a beautiful night. We ended up in another town about 30 minutes away called Noblesville. We stopped by the Walmart there to look at the flowers and possibly purchase a few. Our little excursion ended up costing almost $75. After we purchased $10 worth of marigolds and veggie plants we go outside and the G-man can’t get the Tracker started. Seems he had neglected to turn off the headlights when we went into the store and now the battery was dead. So it was back into the store to buy a new battery. And there we are, 10:30 at night, with G-man’s head stuck under the hood of the car installing a battery in the Walmart parking lot. I can’t begin to tell you how embarrassing it was. People give you looks like you are a trashy person when you do your car repairs in a Walmart parking lot instead of at home. We might have just as well painted the back of our necks red and called ourselves rednecks.

The day had been going so well yesterday up until the battery incident so I can’t complain I suppose (although I will anyway). I finally got the G-man to rent a tiller and till up a veggie garden for me. I can hardly wait to get out there today and get my fingers in the dirt…well until I see a worm that is. While the G-man was busy tilling my new veggie garden yesterday I was busy planting the rest of my flowers. Altogether I have planted over a hundred flower bulbs and countless flowering plants and my back keeps screaming “Why, why are you doing this to me?” I keep doing it. Hey, I’m a mystery even unto myself.

I talked to my daughter yesterday and she and Soldier Boy are doing well. He has had the past 2 weeks off but will be going back to work tomorrow. The good news is that his sister is coming to visit them in the middle of May. I know they will both enjoy her visit. And that will give Brooklyn some company while Soldier Boy is at work. Soldier Boy is making friends with one of the guys in the building who is married to a German gal. That is good for their DSL problem because it seems that everything is written in German and that is the major problem that they are having in trying to hook the DSL up. So they are hoping that this guys wife will read the instruction manual to them so they can set up the DSL and finally get on the Internet.

And in the “cute but annoying category” we have Moose, the blunder dog. He is the reason we have to put a fence around my new veggie garden. He is also the reason Lil Miss can’t keep any of her toys in the back yard (unless she doesn’t mind dog pee on them). But we love him so we spoil him to the point of even getting him his own baseball cap to keep the sun out of his eyes. We’re all heart! But what else are you going to do on a lazy Sunday other than dress your pooch in human clothes for a laugh. Entertainment is Entertainment after all.