
I checked my stats today to see what other weird searches people were using that brought them to my page and I almost shat in my pants! Why? I saw that someone from my sister in laws neighborhood has been going on my page for the last week. Now granted, it could be someone that lives near her. Not that I mind my sister in law coming on this page, because she is the sweetest, nicest person I have ever met. (Was that a bolt of lightening outside my window?) Anyway, if you live near O. Pines MD leave a comment and let me know that you aren’t my SIL.
Click on picture to enlarge
The mailperson brought me a package from my daughter today all the way Von Deutschland. It contained a German newspaper, chocolate (yum) a euro and PICTURES! Since the pictures were printed I thought I would scan a few for your viewing pleasure. Next time I’ll have her put them on a CD so the graphics will be clearer. Above we have my daughter, Brooklyn, and her husband, Soldier boy. Just click on any of the images to make them larger.

Click on picture to enlarge
From what many people have told me Schweinfurt (the town in Germany that Brooklyn and Soldier Boy live in) means Pig or city of Pigs. So every year the Germans in that city have a big pig festival and have pig statues all over the town. I am unclear as to if the pig statues stay up all year or are only up for the festival.

Click on picture to enlarge
This is her stove that she is just learning to use. She has a conversion chart she has next to the stove to help her understand what the temperatures mean in USA terms. After 3 years of using this stove she will have a hard time coming back to the States and using on of our stoves.

Click on picture to enlarge
This is their

Click on picture to enlarge
This is her little kitchen where her hard to use German stove is housed. Once again I am sure she can’t wait to get her American appliances. You have to wonder if they will work over there though.

Click on picture to enlarge
And here we have some Friday night entertainment. Soldier boy is shaving the head of one of his buddies. And judging from the shine on Soldier boys head it looks like his buddy did his head as well.

Click on picture to enlarge
And lastly we have sad news in the Stars and Stripes. Just seeing the headline makes it so much realer for me and brings tears to my eyes. So ya’ll click on the ads on the lower right hand side so I can fly over there to be with Brooklyn this summer or fall. Every little click helps.

PS. Jona left a comment and asked me to post a pic of my oven dial so she could see how they differ, so here goes. I don't know if you can see the numbers very clearly but my oven ranges from 200 degrees to 500 degrees.




