Tuesday, April 18, 2006
A Broken Heart


You aren’t going believe what I did tonight. I took my new laptop back to the store. As it turns out the wireless adapter was faulty. Right now the word wireless is a dirty word to me after spending 3 days trying to install it on the desktop PC and connect the laptop PC to the network as well. I guess I know why it wasn’t working now. This time I am going to take my time and research laptops very carefully. I am not the only one with laptop problems it seems. I talked to my daughter on the phone this afternoon and she has been having trouble setting up her wireless connection with her new laptop too. If there are any computer geeks reading this that live in the neighborhood of Schweinfurt Germany please give my daughter a call and help her set up her network. She is on the verge of returning her laptop as well and purchasing a desktop computer. Does anyone have a successful wireless network set up? I am beginning to wonder.



It’s no secret, I have an extreme fear of worms. I was going to put a picture of a worm above but I was so freaked out by the worms pictures that popped up on google that I have to close my browser. Therefore I am putting a picture of Lil Miss and her new bathing suit that I just bought her. Back to the worms though - When I am gardening and come across a worm I scream (even though I try not to) and run. I wait maybe 15 minutes and then go back hoping that the worm will have moved on by then. It’s no wonder I am a poor gardener. I think I have solved the problem however. Lil Miss is not afraid of worms so we have decided that she will remove the worms that I come across. In fact, this afternoon she and I were planting some flowers and as I was digging the holes to place the plants I came across a worm. True to fashion I screamed. She looks over to see what all the hoopla was about, gives me a look that clearly said “whimp” and chopped the worm in half with the trowel. Then she turns to me with a serious look in her eyes and says “its okay, they are like an octopus and will grow back when you cut them.” Sometimes she really scares me.

If you have been thinking that I haven’t quite been myself recently you would be correct. I have been rather stressed out for over a week now. I didn’t want to mention anything at first because I was embarrassed at the way Sonny Boy has acted. But the whole purpose of this blog is to help me not internalize things so here goes. Sonny Boy was due to work the evening shift last Tuesday night. Tuesday also happened to be payday. When we went to bed Monday night at midnight he was still claiming that he had to work 4pm until 10pm the next night. We woke up to find a note from him on the kitchen table stating that his boss called him in the middle of the night and he had to work in the morning so please wake him up. I looked on his cell phone and the only call was to his old girlfriend at 2am so I knew his boss had not called him. Besides, what boss would call an employee between midnight and 6am to tell them they had to change their shift? I let is pass though even though I knew his real plans were to get his paycheck and spend the day with his ex-girlfriend. I had overheard some plans that he was making to stay out all night with her. So when he called and asked if he could spend the night at a co-workers that night I told him no. He went off the deep end when I told him no and started screaming and cussing at me. And I could hear the ex girlfriend (the Russian bitch) in the background giggling. I hung up the phone. He called back and left another screaming cuss fit on my cell phone. Then he called a third time. That time G-man picked up the phone. He cussed out G-man too. G-man told him that he had better be in this house by 10:30 or there would be serious consequences. Well we haven’t seen him or heard from him since. Well sort of. He did call last Wednesday night when we were out and he left a message on the home answering machine. He said “Oh, so your not picking up the phone, well I can tell you don’t want to talk to me. So that’s the way you want to play it huh, fine, that’s the way it will be then.” It was obvious that he left the message on the home phone so we wouldn’t see where he was calling from. Then on Friday when I went to pick up Lil Miss from school he came home and took a shower and left before I got back. He did leave a shopping bag in his room though with his broken cell phone and a large box of condoms (of which several were missing).

Tomorrow morning I am going to the police station and listing him as a runaway. I thought he would have a few days to pout and then he would be decent enough to come and apologize for his actions, but I was wrong. After all that we went though last spring and summer for him I am so disappointed in him and his actions that it breaks my heart.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 10:00 PM | Permalink |