Click on photo to enlargeI have a confession to make. Until the G-man reminded me, I forgot that my wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Oops! I’ll just have to blame it on
Jules. She was my matron of honor so shouldn’t she be in charge of reminding me every year? The above picture is just for you Jules. Jules flew in all the way from Iowa to Maryland to be my matron of honor. Just before (or was it just after) this picture was taken my grandmother (pictured) turned to Jules and said (all in the same breath) “Who’s-yer-people-when-ya-leavin’?
Click on photo to enlargeA couple of days ago The G-man asked me if I wanted to go somewhere this weekend or maybe even just a day trip on Sunday. I didn’t think much about his question, I just thought he was bored and wanting to test the open roads before we get out there on our real vacation in a couple of weeks. So I said sure. Then he says that it will be nice to get away for our anniversary even if it is only a day.
WHAT??? OH SH*T! So Lil Miss and I headed off to the store yesterday afternoon to get a card and a gift. What did we come home with? A card for the G-man, a box of Cheez-Its and an outfit for Lil Miss. It’s hard to know what to get a guy for an anniversary though, know what I mean? It’s not like you can get him a bouquet of flowers or a teddy bear and neither one of us needs a box of chocolates. Couldn’t I just stick a couple of twenties in his card? Nothing says, “I love you” like cold hard cash!

I had an interesting chat with my self proclaimed faith healer neighbor yesterday afternoon. Oh, and I can’t refer to her daughter as the 7 year old booger picker anymore because she just turned 8! So the 8 year old booger picker and Lil Miss rode their bikes together while Deb and I talked. I had previously noticed that Deb’s husband had been doing some work around the house and had put a bathroom sink and a toilet out in the garbage 2 weeks ago hoping that the garbage picker-uppers would take it. I have to tell you though, they didn’t and won’t. So the pile of debris will likely sit on the curb for a couple of months before they finally haul it away. We’ve been through this before. I digress though (as usual). So Deb tells me that hubby is putting in a new bathroom sink and toilet in their only bathroom. So he rips everything out 2 weeks ago. He asked her to buy a gallon of paint for the bathroom walls because he wants to paint the walls before putting the new sink and toilet in. She laughed that she keeps forgetting to buy it and anyway she isn’t really sure what color she wants to get anyway. In the meantime hubby hasn’t even bought the new sink and toilet as he is waiting until the paint job is done. And you picked up on my comment that it was their ONLY bathroom? I had to ask, “So how do you use the toilet?” She tells me they have been going in a bucket for the last 2 weeks and throwing it out in the back yard if it is chunky and down the tub drain if it isn’t. Is that a collective groan I hear? I think people in third world countries live better than those people. They have no heat and now they have no bathroom. I got dizzy from shaking my head in wonderment.

The self proclaimed faith healer couldn’t talk too long because she was heading off to a “women and kids only” pitch-in at church. The men-folk were headed off to a restaurant for a “men-only” dinner. So the gals were left with the kids to do their own thing. What was Deb making? Macaroni salad for the grownups and egg salad sandwiches for the kids. I don’t know about your kids but you couldn’t pay my kids to eat egg salad. Peanut butter they could eat by the barrel but they would rather starve than eat egg salad. Lets be honest folks, egg salad tends to smell like something my dog expels.
That’s about all that is going on in Daisy-ville this weekend. I may not be able to do a post tomorrow since we will be out of town but I’ll take plenty of pictures. Happy trails ya’ll!