
Last night after dinner the G-man and I settled in front of the TV with a good DVD. Actually we were going to watch
Walk the Line. Yes, the same movie that I walked out of a few weeks ago after the first 10 minutes because it was so depressing. Depressing is not good when you are paying $8 a ticket to see it, but when you are paying $4.02 to rent it depressing is okay then. But we weren’t going to get the opportunity to watch it unfortunately. The lights flickered on and off for a few seconds and then we were encased in total darkness. We sat still for a couple of minutes thinking the lights would come back on again. No such luck. Then we felt our way around the house to find the flashlights. All of the houses as far as we could see were in total darkness as well. So we joined the flash lighted hoards of people wandering the streets trying to find out what had happened. We never did find out what caused the lights to go out. But all of the streetlights were out as well as the traffic signals. We drove around for blocks and blocks in total darkness with the only light being that of our headlights and the occasional flash lighted person making their way down the sidewalk. We didn’t see any car accidents so that dispels the theory of a car hitting a transformer. Several hours later the lights came back on as suddenly as they had gone out. It’s a mystery.

Yesterday afternoon after Lil Miss rode her bike up and down the street she decided she would call her best friend. So she calls Maddie and I have to say it was the cutest conversation. I wish I had videotaped it. I know, that would violate her privacy, but what the heck. So after she and Maddie make plans to play dress-up she tells Maddie that she is going to hang up. Maddie apparently says, “I love you Lil Miss”. So I hear Lil Miss reply “I love you too Maddie”. It was so sweet. Now I don’t want her to be saying that to her friends when she is in High School, but it is okay when you are in Kindergarten.
After yesterdays beautiful sunny afternoon I was saddened to wake up this morning to gray rainy skies. But my gray mood lifted when I went on email and saw an email from my daughter in Germany. Brooklyn has finally heard from Soldier Boy and he is coming home early next week! I am so happy for her. At least they will have some time together before he is deployed sometime over the next several months.

In the meantime my Germany fund money is dwindling as we speak. It is all going to dentists. I took Sonny Boy to the dentist this morning to get some cavities filled and I sort of wish I hadn’t. If you recall the dentists long time friend and receionist/hygenist/accountant was found to be skimming off the books in January and he had to fire her. Since she left the dentists office has gone to hell in a hand basket. First I try to make a cleaning appointment for the G-man and myself. The new bimbo (and I use that term loosely) tells me that I haven’t had a cleaning since 2004 and the G-man hasn’t had one since 2003, although she sees where they have charged our insurance company for the service and the service was paid for. WTF? I explain to her that the records are obviously not correct because we had cleanings last August and were due now. She sees where we had appointments last August but not where we kept them and had the service, even though the insurance company paid for the service. Then she proceeds to tell me that I owe an additional fee from the last time I was there with Sonny Boy. I explained that I did not because I pay in full each visit. She tells me some crazy story about how the insurance company will sometimes add additional fees after the work is completed. WTF? I suggest our dentist get a new receionist/hygenist/accountant because if this one stays we are changing dentists.