Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Spring Fever

The official verdict is in, Lil Miss definitely has chicken pox, as if there very any doubt. On Monday when her mom picked her up and I told her the bad news she was determined to have it be anything but chicken pox. She called my eldest (Lil Miss’s daddy) and accused him if letting her get bit by bugs at the park on Sunday. Then she blamed it on the school and she even tried to blame it on the material in Lil Miss’s leggings. Sorry toots, your kid has chicken pox so you’d better face up to that fact. You see Lil Miss’s mother hasn’t had chicken pox herself so she is at risk. Well I haven’t had it either and neither has Sonny Boy but you don’t see us trying to blame it on outings to the park or leggings. Goofy gal. I am watching Lil Miss all day on Thursday so we shall see how she is doing then. Poor wittle bitty sick girl.


I am excited today. I have decided that I really want a beach vacation right now and I am going to plan one. Let the debts be damned, Daisy wants to hang out on the beach. (well not literally hang out, I will be wearing adequate coverage…I hope). Yes, Daisy Mae has a case of Spring Fever that can only be quenched by a trip to a warm sunny beach with lots of tropical drinks. The problem is deciding what beach to go to. And we really have waited too long to plan this because now Spring Break will be upon us and thus Spring Breakers. My burning question to you, my loyal readers, is…where would you go? I have pondered the idea of Key West. We love Key West and have been several times. But perhaps we should go someone new to us. Then I thought the Caribbean but wouldn’t we need to get passports for that? I also pondered the idea of other sunny places such as Savannah, Memphis, Hilton Head, Nags Head, Padre Island in Texas just to name a few. Heck there is even San Diego if we felt like doing the West Coast. So how about it, does anyone have ideas and suggestions?


I made a terrible mistake last night. I turned on the Food Network. They were airing an episode of Paula Deen’s Cooking 101 show. She made fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, cheese biscuits, collard greens and shrimp/grits Florentine. It all looked entirely too delicious and tempting. It sort of went to our heads and the G-man and I have decided to recreate the entire meal this Sunday. We really need a hobby other than this cooking thing, it is bad for our waist-lines. Paula makes it all look so easy and tasty though. It is simply hard to resist. Damn you Paula Deen!


In other news it looks like Spring may have finally arrived. And we all know when Spring comes a young mans fancy turns to thoughts of home improvement and trips to the hardware store. So last night I followed the G-man around Lowes for 2 hours while he looked at paint samples and moldings among other things. What did he buy? Not a darned thing, he was merely on a fact finding mission. Excuse me but that’s what the Internet was created for. A man with Spring Fever has to see things in person though and touch the various cans of paint, run his hands lovingly over the rough grain of a strip of molding. Hell, I’m the same way about shoes so I can understand it. It didn’t make my back feel any better after standing in a home improvement store for 2 hours, but I understood it. How scary, after almost 11 years of marriage I am finally starting to understand the way he thinks. Be afraid, be very afraid!
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 1:38 PM | Permalink |