Thursday, March 02, 2006
Mail Day at Camp Daisy



Today was mail day here at camp Daisy Mae. I shipped off two boxes to my daughter. Two heavy boxes. In the picture above is some of the contents of the box I sent her on Monday as well as the picture below. How perfect is that tee-shirt?!



Today’s package contained an assortment of items. The basic needs like a blanket, silverware, glasses, a frying pan, veggie peeler, you know, the basic household needs.



And I also sent her some towels, washcloths, cake pans and a few other odds and ends. There is a place on base where she is supposed to be able to get these items for free. But when she went there she found out that the pickings were slim to none. Since they are a smaller base they don’t have some of the things that the larger bases have. Just her luck.



I would have posted earlier but Good old Mr, Pancreas decided to be a bear today. I had to hit the phenerghan bottle today. The medication does stop the vomiting but unfortunately it does make you sleepy. So I slept the entire afternoon away. How sleepy does that medicine make you? Well Sonny Boy and one of his pals were I the garage with the electric guitars and amps and it didn’t wake me up. Now that is some strong medicine! I feel much better tonight gratefully. I don’t think I mentioned it yesterdays post but at my doctors appoint on Tuesday he told me it was time to see the transplant doctor to be put on the donor list for a pancreas. And I am getting sick of having wasted days like today because of this pancreatitis and I am sick of having to take 5 insulin needles a day so I am ready. The real problem will be getting a pancreas.



Guess what? I have the Tracker back! My eldest finally bought a vehicle today. He bought a pick up truck instead of the jeep he had been looking at. Just as well because with the jeep he would have to do financing. With the truck he just paid cash and he can use it to haul Lil Miss’s Quad in the back. For those of you who don’t know what a quad is (like me) it is a 4 wheeler thing that a little five year old like Lil Miss has no business riding. It is a child’s sized one, but still she should be playing with Barbie’s instead. (Notice I didn’t say Bratz dolls!)

Now I am off to spend the evening doing computer maintenance. Ever since I installed Turbo Tax this year my PC has been running at a snails pace. It used to be quite a fast computer before that. I uninstalled the program after I filed our taxes but the PC is still running horribly slow. So I am wondering if I have gotten a case of malware or adware somehow. Has anyone else had problems with slowness after installing Turbo tax this year? Wish me luck, I am off to the bowels of the PC. If you never hear from me again you’ll know I threw it out of the window.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 6:42 PM | Permalink |