Saturday, March 25, 2006
I said No Foam

I am addicted to Starbucks, it’s true. My drink of choice is a Grande No Foam Latte. In fact, I just finished one. I order it as a no foam latte because on occasion I had gotten lattes where half of the cup was filled with foam. This is bad because it cuts down the ratio of milk to espresso, therefore creating a too strong latte. You don’t always get what you order though. Much of the time when I get my latte they hand me a cup of foam and you know what I have started doing? I take it right back and show them that it is full of foam and ask them to remove the foam and put more milk in. Sometimes they apologize and sometimes they give you a look like you are crazy. But they always do it. Each time it happens though I have visions of a certain friend of mine which run through my head and a story she once told me several years ago. I won’t mention who this friend is, although many of you do go on her blog. But this gal dislikes mustard. Don’t EVER give her a sandwich with mustard on it. One day several years ago when she was having a stressful day she went to the Hardees drive through and ordered a burger with no mustard. As she is driving away she bites into the burger only to discover that they had put extra mustard on it instead of no mustard. Know what she did? (She is my hero) She whipped that car around and drove back through the drive through. When the kid came to the window she screamed “I said no F**king mustard!” and threw the burger in his face. Out of the corner of her eye, as she took off squealing tires, she saw the top of the burger bun sliding down the poor kids face leaving a trail of mustard. How does this fit in with my no foam lattes? That’s exactly what I want to do when they hand me a latte full of foam and call it a no foam latte.
 
posted by Daisy Mae at 1:25 PM | Permalink |